Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a wonderful paddling pools in the rear passenger foot wells.i keep bailing it out but within minutes it's back again.

My local ex lexus mechanic says the only way to sort it out is to remove all interior panels and head lining and try to trace the leaks.having read other posts on this I can't Face the Idea of the expense and time involved,so I will just keep drying it out until the floor rot's away then scrap it.

This is definitely the only lexus I will ever own

Very bad luck John.  My 2006 350 has only had one leak in the NS corner under the boot floor which I found when the aftermarket parking sensors stopped working.  Easily fixed by replacing a short section of the bottom end of the sunroof drain with copper pipe.  Fine since.  I would start by checking the roof rail mounts if you have them and clear the sunroof drains.  Check under the boot floor in case it's running forward from there in which case you might have the same problem as I did which was an easy fix.  You advice about the headlining is right it's a huge job.

If you do a search for RX 400h leaks there's a few youtube video about tracing leaks.

If you just keep letting it fill up and draining it you risk letting water get to the hybrid Battery and damaging that.

Many thanks for the suggestions I don't have the time or inclination to start taking the interior apart.i don't have a garage so working on my driveway in this weather, so that's not going to happen.

I've looked at the video's on YouTube and they all seem to be a lot of work.

I've had seven cars over the years all different makes and none have ever given me this sort of problem

Thanks again 😕🥴

On 2/26/2024 at 4:53 PM, jdlexus said:

This is definitely the only lexus I will ever own

Hi John. Your 400h, and mine, is of an age when issues will occur and clearly you've been very unlucky - or perhaps I've been lucky! Probably both. Such a pity that you've drawn the short straw as I know you've had many problems with it. I can understand your view but try not to tar the whole brand with that brush because Lexus as a marque is head and shoulders above so many others. Good luck with your next car, whatever you choose.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links