Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I change the infotainment system?

bfgqueen

I have had my 2019 CT200h sport model from new, and love it, except for one thing. The infotainment system is horrible! I want to upgrade to touchscreen and Android Play, but Lexus say there is no alternative and I'm stuck with this stone age (and frankly dangerous) manual one that came with the car. I have seen a system that might be perfect (touchscreen, Android play etc) advertised as compatible with the CT range, but am worried that changing it might mean I lose some of the integrated functions (steering wheel controls, reversing camera and such like) and also how it would affect the warranty. I also don't know who would be able to fit it, as Lexus have point blank refused. Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 8:27 PM, adamhearn said:

You can look to something like this

https://bavarian-automotive.co.uk/products/lexus-wireless-apple-carplay-and-android-auto-mmi-retrofit-interface?variant=42728665481466

No one will want to fix it should it go wrong 🙄🤪

Do these things work? Easy to fit?  Maintains all the Lexus stuff (control knob and whatnot?). Anybody on here bought one yet?

This looks perfect, but it's my question too - does it retain all the in-car controls (steering wheel, other functions)? And why won't Lexus treat customers with the older (rubbish) interface a bit better, instead of trying to push me into buying a new model just for the infotainment system? I bought a month before the pandemic and still have less than 10k miles on the clock, so why would I want a new car?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links