Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all, had my LS600hL 4 months now and noticing that at higher speeds (40/50mph above) i have a wind noise coming from somewhere near top of drivers door - also sometimes when vehicles go past its almost like you can hear them slightly more than you should be able to with double glazing. All the seals look perfect and the window seems to be sitting snuggly when fully closed, so stumped. Anyone else had this issue?

i wound the window down this evening to look closer at the edge of the window and there are no knicks in the glass. Also checked along the top ledge where the window sits when fully closed and the one thing i did notice is the area inside where the little bit that protrudes out from the trim has little holes within it - but when comparing to the passenger side in same area that section has the indentations in same place but the holes are filled in. What is this little area and could that be my problem?

many thanks!

9 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

Thanks Tulpen, i have just come across this very thread! I’ll check those trim pieces but im pretty sure the noise is coming from the top of the window rather than the front corner. Perhaps the air is getting in there and travelling up. 

Good afternoon Craig.

I have an LS460 which also suffers with the wind noise around the window area.

I didn't bother with the Jim Craney fix. I discovered that if I just hit the window down switch for a fraction of a second so it lowers the window about 1/32" the wind noise disappears.

I have done this since I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago and no rain or other water, including from my pressure washer, has ever got into the car.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Steve.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Craig M said:

Hello all, had my LS600hL 4 months now and noticing that at higher speeds (40/50mph above) i have a wind noise coming from somewhere near top of drivers door - also sometimes when vehicles go past its almost like you can hear them slightly more than you should be able to with double glazing. All the seals look perfect and the window seems to be sitting snuggly when fully closed, so stumped. Anyone else had this issue?

i wound the window down this evening to look closer at the edge of the window and there are no knicks in the glass. Also checked along the top ledge where the window sits when fully closed and the one thing i did notice is the area inside where the little bit that protrudes out from the trim has little holes within it - but when comparing to the passenger side in same area that section has the indentations in same place but the holes are filled in. What is this little area and could that be my problem?

many thanks!

My Ls600 has the same problem but it is hardly noticeable, especially with music on...

• Haha 1

Many years ago I read of a similar problem. The solution was to cover all panel gaps and window closings with duct tape. Drive the car, and then remove parts of the tape until the noise appears. This should then point to the problem area. A bit of a faff of you can't slide over to the passenger side to get out!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 3:07 PM, GEN said:

My Ls600 has the same problem but it is hardly noticeable, especially with music on...

Ha! Yes exactly i too regulate with the volume of the awesome soubd system 🤣

On 3/7/2024 at 12:59 PM, Redsteve said:

Good afternoon Craig.

I have an LS460 which also suffers with the wind noise around the window area.

I didn't bother with the Jim Craney fix. I discovered that if I just hit the window down switch for a fraction of a second so it lowers the window about 1/32" the wind noise disappears.

I have done this since I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago and no rain or other water, including from my pressure washer, has ever got into the car.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Steve.

Hi Steve, yes i came accross this solution on a different forum, and whilst tapping/bumping the switch slightly to bring the window down a touch does improve the noise level, it is still there. I do wonder if i have a separate issue with the triangle too? Also the window seal on the back upward edge (b pillar) of the window does pinch in by a few inches when you put the window up and that does make the wind noise worse, until you correct the rubber. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links