Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lane Change & Chargers in Sat Nav

I posted in the What Car thread a link to a comprehensive review of the RZ. In it the reviewer used 2 functions that I didn’t know existed. I can’t drive my car at the moment (minor op) so I would appreciate if someone can confirm they are available in UK spec cars. 
Lane change - whilst in auto drive, he held the indicator stalk down and the car automatically changed lanes - it worked on both sides. I thought the lane change only increased the speed to filter into the lane better, not do it by itself. 
Chargers - he went into the address screen in the Sat Nav and entered chargers as a destination and the Sat Nav listed them so he then selected one as a destination. Unfortunately it didn’t have any details of availability so you’ll still have to check that in say ZapMat in CarPlay. 

8 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

I posted in the What Car thread a link to a comprehensive review of the RZ. In it the reviewer used 2 functions that I didn’t know existed. I can’t drive my car at the moment (minor op) so I would appreciate if someone can confirm they are available in UK spec cars. 
Lane change - whilst in auto drive, he held the indicator stalk down and the car automatically changed lanes - it worked on both sides. I thought the lane change only increased the speed to filter into the lane better, not do it by itself. 
Chargers - he went into the address screen in the Sat Nav and entered chargers as a destination and the Sat Nav listed them so he then selected one as a destination. Unfortunately it didn’t have any details of availability so you’ll still have to check that in say ZapMat in CarPlay. 

Bob. the lane change function is available in the RZ but I've yet to get it to work satisfactory. I also had it in the NX 450+ Takumi I sold last year and that worked some of the time. The idea is you hold the indicator stalk down lightly part way and if the road is clear it moves you over. Most of the time a a message on the screen says function not available or something like that.

With regards chargers, you can add them in the map as -I think- POI and if you press  it will navigate you to it.  I had a low Battery warning come on the other day and it automatically came up with a list of chargers which it would navigate to. As you say, it didn't tell you if they are available.

Thanks John. I’ll try that next time in the car. As it’s intermittent I expect Lexus requires the lane to be empty for 5 miles in front and behind you. 
I would lose the will to live if I had to manually enter chargers as POI’s. I think they have lazily assumed you would go into the Link App and use that but it doesn’t contain all chargers so hopeless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wivenhoe said:

Thanks John. I’ll try that next time in the car. As it’s intermittent I expect Lexus requires the lane to be empty for 5 miles in front and behind you. 
I would lose the will to live if I had to manually enter chargers as POI’s. I think they have lazily assumed you would go into the Link App and use that but it doesn’t contain all chargers so hopeless. 

Bob the only time it worked for me was when there was nothing behind me on the motorway. Just a gimmick to me.

You don't have to manually enter chargers as POI. You just go into the menu once and say what you want- could be restaurants, petrol stations or whatever and it always displays them on the map. My map always shows icons for ev chargers wherever I am

• Like 1

John. Hadn’t appreciated that chargers are inbuilt POI’s. I turned on the restaurant ones and now I cannot turn them off. I have followed the manual and they will not turn off !

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links