Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had a hiccup with ghost immobiliser and dashcam ...

Just wanted to share in case someone else goes through this.

I got the NX450h+Takumi 2 weeks ago and installed the ghost II immobiliser.

Everything was working fine.

Decided to get the Vantrue N4 pro (3ch) and use their hardwire kit so I can use the parking mode. 

The guy who installed it took about an hour and the car was on but the engine was off.

When he finished installing, I checked thew camera and it was working fine, great quality,

Then tried to start the car but the ghost would not accept the code, I tried the emergency code and ... nothing, spoke to the ghost guy and he said check the Battery, and indeed the Battery was drained (on the app), he came over and used a booster to juice the Battery but the ghost was still not working, quite stressful obviously as now he would have to dismantle the car and take the ghost out (it will take hours) he said that he would come back the next day to deal with this.

He came back and after speaking to the autowatch head office, they gave him a suggestion as someone has experienced a similar problem before, when you install the a dashcam hardwire kit, messing with the fuses and using jumpers can cause lexus to reset itself and mess up the electronics, and the ghost thought someone is trying to bypass it so it disabled itself thus the car.

Lucky the solution was to open the boot, disconnect the Lexus Battery in the boot for a couple of minutes and then reconnect it.

Then the ghost recognised the code and everything was fine although all my settings in the car reset to factory default but that's easy to redo.

I'm just leaving it out here in case someone else has a similar issue.  also ... attaching a couple of pictures so you can see how confused the car was (apparently i could drive 66,551 miles before recharging/refuelling 🙂) and then how it should look like. 

IMG_4898.PNG

IMG_4904.PNG

• Thanks 1

Góod dashcams come with a sensor that cuts off power when the Battery gets below a certain adjustable voltage.I installed mine about 2years ago and no problems since.

• Like 1

my lexus-fitted dashcam (nextbase) broke after couple of months: more exactly - the hardwire kit failed (fuses just blew). they said it was due to some incorrect tracker / ghost installation (seems to come off the same fuse).

anyway: I got a free hardwire kit replacement from nextbase, and the Lexus garage re-fitted the hardwire kit - for FREE.

no issues with the ghost itself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links