Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, 2007 450H

Got a bit confused, yellow flashing tyre and red triangle on dash, after about an hours driving. Tried the push button reset , not worked , so assume its tpms Battery (?). I

can see them on eBay, in sets of four, to buy, but after installation they have to be reprogrammed.  Can any decent garage do this or does the car have to go in to Lexus? Never had TPMS before so its all new to me !!

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, AJ450H said:

Can any decent garage do this or does the car have to go in to Lexus?

Any decent tyre retailer should be able to do this.  I’d be inclined to ring around and check out the local suppliers.

Battery life can be anything from 5 to 10 years, depending on how the car’s been used. So you’re probably right about the batteries failing.

Unless you were planning to fit them yourself, you might also consider getting a new set of tyres at the same time so that you do both jobs together.  That way you may also be able to negotiate a discount on the total.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Len, found a tpms service centre who said they could, they fitted a new sensor and then could not program it in. The've given up after 2 seperate attempts and say go to Lexus. Lexus say they will only program sensors they install. 

I am contemplating.........!

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, AJ450H said:

Thanks Len, found a tpms service centre who said they could, they fitted a new sensor and then could not program it in. The've given up after 2 seperate attempts and say go to Lexus. Lexus say they will only program sensors they install. 

I am contemplating.........!

I feel annoyed on your behalf Alan!

Did they charge you for the new valve?  If they sold it to you on the basis that they could program it, then the failure to do so is surely down to them.

You originally mentioned that you were looking to buy a set but you’ve just had one replaced. Did they check the other sensors?  If they’re all original then it’s unlikely that just one has run out of Battery life. So the problem could be with the whole system.

It’s certainly the case that a Lexus dealer might only get involved if they’re fitting a ‘Lexus’ part.  Maybe see if a Lexus dealer will check the whole system for you?  Maybe it’s as simple as a fuse that’s failed.  Are you still getting the TPMS warnings?

When I had to replace a TPMS valve it was because a helpful lad had sheared it off while trying to remove the dust cap for me!  Fortunately there was a tyre retailer just four minutes away and fitting a replacement didn’t seem to be a problem at all - and only cost £65.

Perhaps someone else has some better ideas?  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links