Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3GS vs 4GS (Maybe 3IS) Build quality

Question for people that went from 3GS to 4GS or 3GS to 3IS. How's the rattles inside? Did they managed to do something about it in later models or its the same as 3GS? I'm on my second 3GS and at this point i've had enough of chirping ,rattling ,clunking sounds all around the cabin, especially dash area. Looking to PX on a newer model ,although after experiences with 3GS,i have my doubts and seriously thinking about returning back to mercs.

Any opinions are welcome

GS series I, II and III have always been bad for this and if you are sensitive to it then it does become maddening. You will get people here who will tell you theirs doesn't rattle, but then when I've been in the same vehicle I can hear lots of little noises and pressing the trim panels will make it creak.

The series IV is definitely much better but not silent. The IS III isn't quite as good but better than both the GS III and IS II in this regard.

• Like 1

Thank You

It might be me that's  the problem ,i admit ,but i cant stand when panels in cars rattles around ,one of the reasons i don't drive 1999 dacia 😁. I don't expect complete silence as car panels are not welded to the body ,so obviously they can make sounds at some point. It's just the fact ,that i owned a quite few cars over the years so i have something to compare it to. About 7 years ago i had 06 GS3 that was bad on rattles (rattles were the reason why i got rid of it and bought merc) but after reading the forums ,people were saying that they did improved things with facelift. Fair enough ,ditched merc and bought latest facelift GS3. Man how wrong i was. I'm not even talking about potholes, if road is not like glass-better turn up the audio up to eleven. Something rattles in rear parcel shelf, funny noises from passenger B pillar area, drivers door card seems to be unhappy about something ,dash squeaks somewhere in the middle, rubbing noises from knee level area ,some funny sounds in glove box area. And that's just simply driving down the streets ,if you hit the pothole ,you get a feeling that you are in stainless steel bucket filled with loose bolts.  And that's on 54k miles car. (40k when i bought it) 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links