Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I'm using an Ohme charger on Intelligent Octopus Go to charge my RX450h+ at the cheapest tariff rate, generally between 23:30 and 5:30. The charger is set to only charge when the cheapest tariff reaches the lowest rate and stop charging when it rises. When I plug in the car, the charger reads "delayed charging" and usually works fine. I recently discovered if I return to the car after plugging it in and unlock it to retrieve something then lock it again somehow disables the charging without any indication this has happened.

Anyone else seeing this and have a possible solution because it's annoying to find the car didn't charge overnight!

• Confused 1

When you unlock the car to retrieve something, are you pushing the 'Start' button? If so, when you stop the engine you will be invited to 'Charge Now?' You push the top, left hand steering wheel button to do so. Maybe that's the simplest routine.

BTW I use 'Octopus GO' via a simple 13 amp socket. This gives me a tariff of 9p per Kwh between the hours of 0030 and 0430. This 3 Kw max charge rate gives me about 80% charge in one 4 hour night's session.

If I don't use the car the next day it will set the next charge period for one week's time, thus prolonging Battery life by not fully charging. If I do use it the next day, it will top up the next night.

All clever stuff!

1 hour ago, Tom, said:

When you unlock the car to retrieve something, are you pushing the 'Start' button? If so, when you stop the engine you will be invited to 'Charge Now?' You push the top, left hand steering wheel button to do so. Maybe that's the simplest routine.

Hi Tom,

No, I don't need to touch the start button, just unlock and open a door or the boot. This also unlocks the charge socket but it locks again when the car is locked?

Cheers, Alex. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links