Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a is300h Luxury

Harfat

Hi I would welcome any advice.

I have seen an is300h luxury in Rainham Essex at an independent dealer Carsea which has  a lot of Lexus and Toyota stock

The vehicle is £17990 2019 59,918 miles one owner full Lexus history and several services.

As a first time Lexus buyer should I play safe and wait for a Lexus approved car? The spec seems good.

It is literally the other end of the UK from me. My nearest Lexus dealer is Cardiff

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Harfat said:

Carsea

Not sure I'd want to buy a car from a dealer who's name conjures up thoughts of a building site convenience 🤣

35 minutes ago, Harfat said:

Hi I would welcome any advice.

I have seen an is300h luxury in Rainham Essex at an independent dealer Carsea which has  a lot of Lexus and Toyota stock

The vehicle is £17990 2019 59,918 miles one owner full Lexus history and several services.

As a first time Lexus buyer should I play safe and wait for a Lexus approved car? The spec seems good.

It is literally the other end of the UK from me. My nearest Lexus dealer is Cardiff

Thanks

See if they can do a video walk through so that you can see the actual paint condition small scratches dings seat wear or anything that would be a deal beaker for you before you make the trip. Also look through the reviews of the dealership.

The only benefit of buying from lexus directly is that they provide a 1 year warranty. However, given it was serviced at lexus last it will be covered under the 10 year relax warranty anyway. If the car is good and you like it i would say go ahead. In my experience these family based dealerships are much better to deal with than corporates and buying from lexus a similar spec / age / mileage car will cost more.

Also chances of things going wrong with the is300h are very slim. Its a great proven reliable car with no major issues so your risk of buying a lemon are extremely slim. Just do the usual car history checks etc that you would before buying any car.

Thanks for the advice. I see some owners recommend changing the lower control arm bushings to ISF parts to reduce toe in inner tyre wear. Is this a common concern?

1 hour ago, Harfat said:

Thanks for the advice. I see some owners recommend changing the lower control arm bushings to ISF parts to reduce toe in inner tyre wear. Is this a common concern?

Some do it. Most dont. I personally didn't. You should still get a decent 20k+ out of your tyres. The original bushings cause some premature inner tyre wear but not something you would fail your mot for.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links