Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol engine starts during EV mode

Does anyone know the reason why, when running my RX450h+ on EV only with a full charge, the petrol engine will start and run for a few miles? The Lexus service manager says it's to cool the Battery, which I don't believe.

Hi Tom, I believe that this section of the RX manual will explain the circumstances where the EV mode is overridden. There is a point in the list about cooling the battery; were you setting off immediately after charging the car?

Cheers, Kev

IMG_0398.png

• Like 3

Thanks for that Kevin. It does show that my handbook is entirely different to yours though. There does not appear to be any such section in my handbook! Mine has the ID: PZ471-U0142-EN  V1 on the back cover.

Cheers,

Tom

Ah, okay…. so there are actually a number of different versions of the manual. The screen shot I provided is from a download provided by my dealer ahead of the delivery, but is very similar to the hard copy I requested with the original purchase that is referenced PZ471-99Y61-EN and is 804 pages long. There’s a shorter version that is normally provided with the car. And, of course, there’s a completely separate manual for the infotainment system….

I’ve checked that the manual with reference PZ471-U0142-EN is in fact a user guide, which is a cut down version of the full manual.

Thanks Kevin for explaining that. Now to see if I can obtain the full manual!

Hi Tom, if you search on Lexus Parts Direct you’ll see that it’s available there…. at a price!

IMG_0402.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Tom, said:

Thanks again Kevin. I see the owner's manuals are available on-line thus saving £49.80! at https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

The number you gave me looks like it's for the 2022 version of the 450h+. There is a 2023 version : PZ471-9AA96-EN.

Just input your VIN in the search field to get the correct version of the handbook 

1 hour ago, Tom, said:

Thanks again Kevin. I see the owner's manuals are available on-line thus saving £49.80! at https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals

The number you gave me looks like it's for the 2022 version of the 450h+. There is a 2023 version : PZ471-9AA96-EN.

Thanks for the heads up about the new version. I’ve not had much joy using the online version on my iPad as the search and page jump functionality doesn’t seem to work very well. My dealer downloaded the full version and emailed it to me in two parts which I’ve found very useful. I’m also a confirmed Luddite that still prefers paper and being able to flick back and forth between the index and other pages! 

Agreed - but 804 pages is a lot to print out! Perhaps I'll just print the relevant pages.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links