Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renting Techstream?

Does anyone rent out genuine Techstream?

I have Carista, but want to do a full brake flush this summer. 

I replaced the rear calipers on my LS460 a couple of years ago and the bleeding was a mare as I was having to clear fault codes with every squirt.

Basically when you buy the cable it comes with a version of questionable legitimacy Techstream either way, whenever you use that or rent the software is then down to you, but you still have to buy cable from eBay or similar site.

As for any difference in functionality - I really doubt there is any, perhaps if you working on latest car that matters, but as far as I know even version supplied with the cable goes as far as 2021. 

Thanks all.

Any reports of people "breaking" anything with a non-genuine jobby? 

In case that sounds paranoid, I've done that on another car! Once upon a time I had a Vauxhall and there was a spate of cloned diagnostic tools bricking modules due to corrupt files (I broke my stereo, the chap who fixed it had seen people make their cars completely undriveable). 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:24 AM, ColinBarber said:

Lexus does, you just need the correct cable.

https://www.lexus-tech.eu/DiagnosticTools/Setup

Thanks for that - I can see they allow generic cables vs the Mongoose / Fap-off one so I'll investigate that and when the time comes dust off my old laptop. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links