Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie IS300h owner. Fuel?

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a very stressful week buying a car quickly from the Lexus dealer. My first hybrid and petrol car, can anyone share what fuel you prefer from BP or shell please? 

Also I’m so interested to know which year/version you have and how long you’ve had it for. If you could tell me the mileage that’ll help me calm down too.

Mine, bought in a hurry because I needed a car and that was closest to me is 18 plate executive edition with 70k miles(I’m not too happy with that), but heard that it’s very reliable so I shouldn’t worry.. 

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Felicia, I own a 65 plate IS300h F Sport and personally I run mine on premium unleaded, but it will run on regular unleaded just fine. I’ve had my IS for nearly 5 years and it has 59k on the clock. It’s a lovely car to drive and if looked after, should give you many years of trouble free motoring. These cars can cover hundreds of thousands of miles if looked after. An 18 plate with 70k isn’t anything to be concerned about. If you’ve purchased from a Lexus dealer, it will likely have a full dealer service history. Having your car serviced at a Lexus dealer will extend the warranty up to 10 years or 100k under the Lexus Relax Warranty.

This is my 3rd Lexus. Previously I’ve had an IS200 sport and an RX300. I miss the sound of a 6 cylinder petrol engine, but not the fuel consumption! The 300h is very good on fuel, relaxing to drive, but with enough grunt if you want to overtake. If you have any specific concerns or questions, just pop a post in the IS300 forum and we’ll be happy to help. There are some really knowledgeable people in the forum. 

On 4/18/2024 at 11:07 AM, Fluffaduff said:

Hi everyone,

I’ve had a very stressful week buying a car quickly from the Lexus dealer. My first hybrid and petrol car, can anyone share what fuel you prefer from BP or shell please? 

Also I’m so interested to know which year/version you have and how long you’ve had it for. If you could tell me the mileage that’ll help me calm down too.

Mine, bought in a hurry because I needed a car and that was closest to me is 18 plate executive edition with 70k miles(I’m not too happy with that), but heard that it’s very reliable so I shouldn’t worry.. 

thank you!

Mine is IS 300h 2014 reg - I purchased it when it was two years old (so in 2016) when it had 40k miles on it. It now has 146k miles (so I've done over 100k miles). In that time virtually nothing but normal maintenance had been needed. There are others with many more miles than my car so don't worry about the miles so long as it's maintened to schedule and correctly it will last a long time and be reliable. If you service at a Lexus dealer you get 12 months / 10K miles (whichever comes first) extended warranty each time until the car is 10 years old / 100k miles (whichever come soonest) along with hybrid Battery warranty. The hybrid Battery warranty can also be maintained up to 15 years old and unlimited mileage by having Lexus service the car to schedule or paying for a hybrid health check every 12 months / 10k miles (whichever comes first). 

I run my car pretty much exclusively on Costco E5. The better mpg using E5 means I save money over E10 (Costco E5 is about 8p more per litre than E10} and the car runs smoother and quieter on E5 too. 

Mine is a 2014 executive with 94k. At 70k your car has probably not even lived half its serviceable life. With regular maintenance you should easily get 200k+ of trouble free motoring its a Lexus after all. The one thing i do recommend doing as a DIY if you're comfortable with DIY is to clean the hybrid Battery fan it is not done by lexus when servicing but it will help prolong the life of your hybrid Battery. Also at 90-100k service ask for a transmission oil change that is also not a maintenance item but might be worth having it done for peace of mind if you plan to keep the car long.

Else like wharfhouse has mentioned above as yours is an 18 plate if you service it at lexus you will have lexus relax warranty up to around 2029 (if you time the last service right)+ Get the hybrid health check done at lexus every year after that and your hybrid Battery will have warranty up to 2033. By then you will probably want to change your car anyway. So chill and enjoy your new Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links