Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wooden dash recovering?

Cola414

I,m thinking of wrapping the various wood finish in my 2004 SC,maybe in a brushed silver?Anyone ever done it?I think it would modernise the interior look?Thoughts?

PHOTO-2024-04-21-18-05-47.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Cola414 said:

I,m thinking of wrapping the various wood finish in my 2004 SC,maybe in a brushed silver?Anyone ever done it?I think it would modernise the interior look?Thoughts?

PHOTO-2024-04-21-18-05-47.jpeg

I did mine in carbon black there is a knack to it to be honest as well as the challenge getting the panels off.IMG_5049.thumb.jpeg.3c5777f0ca60b07a3c83de9452c0578e.jpeg

IMG_5051.thumb.jpeg.85c49aec6f004cf7b561da53dee90b8c.jpeg

IMG_5050.thumb.jpeg.e5b073c499b7f8a6a5ee068a10de3917.jpeg

• Like 3

Wrapping the dash and window switch panels has been done many times over the years, it’s all down to personal preference. For me I like the "classic" dark wood look, yet others like a more modern carbon fibre look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob King said:

Wrapping the dash and window switch panels has been done many times over the years, it’s all down to personal preference. For me I like the "classic" dark wood look, yet others like a more modern carbon fibre look.

I like the dark wood as well but really dislike the yellow looking wood finish mine has hence the reason for wrapping it. I don’t like the pie plates either but I know a lot of people do like them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Each to their own I suppose, but imo the sc will be a true classic one day, appreciate what it is and and the unquestionable quality, I don't think anyone would recover the dash on a Bentley let's say, and to me the sc finish is not far off that standard, just my opinion of course 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Localhero said:

Each to their own I suppose, but imo the sc will be a true classic one day, appreciate what it is and and the unquestionable quality, I don't think anyone would recover the dash on a Bentley let's say, and to me the sc finish is not far off that standard, just my opinion of course 😉 

That's the thing about wrapping.  It is easily removed with a hot air gun and you would never have known it was there.  I always wanted to  preserve the originally of my car so every thing I have done is easily reversed except for the reversing sensors excuse the pun. I appreciate a lot of people want to keep their cars standard. and that's great. Personally I think it will only ever be a classic until when there are not that many left on the road. The truth is most of my older friends are into British classics and younger ones into fast BMW;s etc.  The SC does nothing for them and they would never buy one.  I love mine but confess if I hadn't bought an RX first the SC would never have been on my radar either. Thankfully I did and think it is a wonderful car that is way under looked and under rated like a lot of Lexus models like the IS and F versions.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 9:15 PM, Bob King said:

This is carbon fibre silver.

IMG_6923.jpeg

I’m torn between the black and silver finishes?

13 hours ago, Localhero said:

Understand,but the coverings can always be removed so I think I’ll go ahead with it!

On 4/26/2024 at 9:15 PM, Bob King said:

This is carbon fibre silver.

IMG_6923.jpeg

Like both the black and silver?Any other options that look well?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links