Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Error during map update os NX450h

I've struggled to download the zip for this, but eventually succeeded and went to apply the update on the car. It ran for about 70 minutes and when the time remaining got down to zero I received the error shown below. Thought I'd ask here if anyone has got this fixed, because my local dealer is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.2319e5ac9c3339741ea3683928af7199.jpeg

Where did you get the zip download from? Every time I’ve tried to use the incar update I get an error and the dealer tells me I can’t update it. I didnt know there was a download location for manual updates

Unless things have changed in the past month map updates currently can only be done by the dealer. 
They are FOC but it means that the dealer will need your car for 2 hours. Had ours done 2 months ago & dealer provided us with a courtesy car for the day.

15 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Unless things have changed in the past month map updates currently can only be done by the dealer. 
They are FOC but it means that the dealer will need your car for 2 hours. Had ours done 2 months ago & dealer provided us with a courtesy car for the day.

There are instructions on the Lexus website detailing how to do it yourself… but I couldn’t get it to work either (you need a license code for the new update, and the part code showing was invalid according to the Lexus system!). 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:24 AM, SA1 said:

Where did you get the zip download from? Every time I’ve tried to use the incar update I get an error and the dealer tells me I can’t update it. I didnt know there was a download location for manual updates

Steve, I found this elsewhere on this site. You go to lexus-tech.eu - it is a secure HTTPS website. I have cannot say it is genuine but I think it is - it asks you for codes and in return provides a code to validate the update and an activation code. My dealer is on the case with Lexus and hopefully I can provide more details shortly. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:24 PM, Pat_D said:

I've struggled to download the zip for this, but eventually succeeded and went to apply the update on the car. It ran for about 70 minutes and when the time remaining got down to zero I received the error shown below. Thought I'd ask here if anyone has got this fixed, because my local dealer is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.2319e5ac9c3339741ea3683928af7199.jpeg

Had the same problem on my Rx. Waiting for a solution too.

I don't drive a Lexus, but basically have the same issues with the same map update, which I wanted to share with you:

My Toyota C-HR (GR Sport, first registration 9/2022) uses the same multimedia unit "Toyota SMART CONNECT Plus (EU)" and the same map system.

After buying our car in 2022, the map update menu showed an error and asked me to contact my dealer. The dealer installed the latest map update then, but could not solve the problem with the error message in the menu.  As I live in Germany, I contacted the Toyota customer service center in Cologne and was told that an update would be released "very soon, probably in March 2023", provided as an OTA installation. This should resolve the error message. As I bought the Premium model, all map updates would also be carried out via the DCM digital communication module. Neither ever showed up.

As the multimedia device was still displaying a software version of 2022/2023, I started googling and found the "Map Update for EU (MM21)" at https://www.toyota-tech.eu/. I downloaded the 21GB zip file and unzipped it onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick. I also entered my device ID and service code into the form to receive a licence key, which I then had to enter into the media unit to start the update. The licence key was accepted and I was then asked if I wanted to update the maps. No problems so far and also no hint, I might install a wrong software version.

The upload took about 30 minutes and after driving for 25 minutes, I waited for the entire download to complete. The car was in READY-Mode the whole time. After the upload I got exactly the same error message with the same error code as shown in the first post in this thread. 

I tried restarting the multimedia unit by pressing the volume down button for several seconds and I also tried resetting the multimedia unit completely, but to no avail. I hesitate to do a hard reset by disconnecting the 12 volt Battery but also believe, this wouldn't remove data from a non-volatile memory.

The built-in navigation system has been unusable since then. My dealer has given me an appointment for 27 May to "re-upload the map material". Keep your fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

A brief update on this. The car has been with the dealer for four days now and they are not responding to my calls. Lexus link+ shows it has been locked since 10.30 so they have done nothing today. It is a good car but frankly the dealer network is crap.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links