Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/altezza Audio

gds

i tried dismantling it by some electrician i knew but its really really hard to open, so many little screws! so its better to change your head unit, theres a frame kit that can fit any radios selling in e-bay, its called stereo fit kit Is300. Bought one and it really fits good! even the backbone frame is included, theres a console too. :D

yep did it on mine ages ago, i have the radio with the cd slot at the bottom, first u have to remove the front which is held on with a few screws and lots of plastic clips, use matchsticks to keep the clips in the open position, and then remove nearly all of the screws as the frame of the radio goes under each peice ( u will see what i mean) the access to the cds is difficult and u will have to turn the loader so that the cds are in line with the slot and then use something to push them out of the loader thru the front slot.

it took about 1.5 hrs to get the radio apart and remove the cds.

buy urself a decent set of watchmaker screwdrivers! thats the best advice ill give.

:) :) many thanks alteza & fluff, the tip about removing the fascia great. have now dismantled the unit. made notes of the sequence of removal and the screw type. discovered the problem, a previous owner had damaged the ribbon cable connecting two of the circuit boards. now the problem is finding a replacement cable in the uk. may end up writing to fujitsu ten in japan, cheers, gds

yep the ribbon cable can be easily damaged, but really only if the radio has been taken apart before hand.

for the cable i would check out maplins or rs components before hand or even have a look at changing the ribbon cable for normal cable and salvaging the end connectors.

:) :) thanks fluff, will try my local maplins next week if i get a new cable i will want to checkout the unit on the bench. do you have any information about the function of the pins in the sockets at the back, speakers,power etc. seem to remember a post months ago but can`t find it, cheers, gds

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links