Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Bulbs .....

I think it's 9006 dipped and 9005 main beam.

I also think that picture is showing standard bulbs compared with real HIDs. Nothing to do with what he is selling.

Hmm .... yes I think those pics are crap ! - and are not the ones he is actually selling, which means that those bulbs, aren't all that !?

On the subject of lights ..... any opinions on the DDE ? (daylight demon eyes)

Do you think they are too "BMW WANNABE" or has anyone here actually got DDE installed on there Lex ?

7998New_DDE_Angled_Shot.jpg

9174dde-med.JPG

917465.jpeg

Cheers !!

Scarface,

The bulbs you need are the 9006 - these are your dipped headlights (lights that come on when the auto lights feature kicks in (if you have it on).

I had these bulbs in my car for the last few months (one popped last week - I have ordered another set).

They give a very nice white light with a hint of blue.

They seemed to give about the same visibility as my old standard lights, but definately didn't improve visibility.

So if your after lights that certianly look better (without any improved visibilty) give them a go.

The images on the ad' are definately comparing 'real' HID, not these bulbs.

Hope this helps.

Veece

Think SteveAudio & Maz have got them, someone else too but can't remember the screen name

Norkep has them on his car as well.

The new Gen 6.2 stuff is out now, there's a post over at IS300.net where they are demoing the bulbs and they look mega!

They've been modded and have HID's for both dipped and main beam, and have the DDE's for the side lights.

They blow away previous one's I've seen.

Tempted but it gives too much fodder to my mate's with BMW's to say I'm copying their style!

And I think Mat C once said they were like having sparklers in your headlights (what's that about?!)

Think SteveAudio & Maz have got them, someone else too but can't remember the screen name

Norkep has them on his car as well.

The new Gen 6.2 stuff is out now, there's a post over at IS300.net where they are demoing the bulbs and they look mega!

They've been modded and have HID's for both dipped and main beam, and have the DDE's for the side lights.

They blow away previous one's I've seen.

Tempted but it gives too much fodder to my mate's with BMW's to say I'm copying their style!

And I think Mat C once said they were like having sparklers in your headlights (what's that about?!)

I'm on IS300.net as we speak ........... I never knew a 6.2 was out ! - I think they are nice ..... but I don't really want to make the car lookin like a bimmer !

I think if those 9005 - 9006 lights don't really give any plus side's on the light it self, but just the look ... I might give is a pass ... and just go for the HID kit !

Aido, will you be @ Chartwell on Sunday ? - I'd like to look at two IS's side by side ... one with HID's and on with out !

No mate, I'm away Saturday night so can't make it down on the Sunday, as I'll be too ****** up :sick:

I haven't got the kit fitted yet, but if SteveAudioX is going he has the HID's fitted, mine had to be removed due to a faulty ballast. Also Scorpion has the Prolex kit if he goes down?

His kit is awesome :)

I'll find that thread for you, basically they piloted the 6.2 on one of the fella's cars over there, very nice indeedy :)

Here we go mate:

http://www.advancedautomotiveconcepts.com/

That's the website and this is the thread with pics:

http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?t=223952

Yeah wish I could make Sunday, I've missed loads of meets lately due to work and personal stuff but I'll make another one one day!

One thing to remember though mate, Steve's are from the USA, I think Autolamps Online, and Pete (Scorpion) has the same HID kit you would be getting.

In fact I remember talk that they may be doing a live install down there so you can see exactly what you'd be getting :)

Oh yeah, btw, bit late for this but a colour chart I found on is300.net for HID's:

colortempchart.jpg

The 6300k bulbs just look awesome, Pete's car looks mint with these on :)

Hi, before you give up on the idea of bulbs may i suggest the ones i've been using on my car over the last year and a half. They're the PIAA 7500K H.I.D. bulbs. I tend to make regulart trips to hong kong and end up buying the latest mods. These ones set me back around 55 pounds and i not regretted it since. they give a almost identical look to the HID units. The light is best seen at night but during dawn you might not see much. The amount of heads turning because of the bulbs is amazing. I must admit they'll never be as bright as the HID units but for the money its your next best thing. Very recommended. Realibility is excellent, no probs so far! :unsure: However just reading about those demon lights, i think they look great. Hmmm, maybe my next project.

That's the ones mate, the seller runs that website I posted earlier, they're the dogs danglies of DDE's :)

One thing to note though, I think the guys who have these had to alter either their lights or the DDE's to make them fit, I read somewhere that Steve modified his lights to make them fit and when Fargo had a set he modified the DDE's (think that's right way around?)

Might have to get him to make me some custom lights with all those toys ;)

Have been doing some digging and came across an old thread which demos the XWhite bulbs I have, basically on the left you've got the Philips Blue Vision bulbs, which are whiter than what you've got, then on the right are the XWhite bulbs Zee was selling:

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/album01/Compare

You can see the blue coated bulbs on the right look much whiter - bear in mind the bulbs you have are more yellow than those on the left!

Now, when I was fitting the HIDs when I fired them up there was an amazing difference between the bulb on the right, the XWhite's which I have, and the HID bulb. Like Pete says above, the HID was much, much brighter, and so much whiter and crisper it was amazing!

The genuine HID's just kick *****!

Scarface...or is it Al. :lol:

Im going on Sunday so you can compare with my HID's with someones ultrawhite Bulbs,not that there is any comparison...the HID's will blow away any after market bulb thats going under the guise of hid lightbulbs

Nothing like the real thing :winky:

Cheers mate .... I'll c u tommorrow then !

Oh ... and you can call my Tony .... Tony Montana B)

Yes thats right Aido.

DDE fit's into Uk lights need slight modification to the light unit, easy mod really, and will not damage or hinder the light unit itself. Fitting does mean dismantling the entire light unit with heat gun etc, and needs to be sealed up again so no moisture gets inside, mine are a bit steam'd up at times, so the fit does really need a lot of time and care to get the light units back perfect...

As for the HID's.. The cloest thing I have seen to them re the X-Whites offered by Zee in the group buy, but I must admit, when they did the X-whites fit at a meet my HID's were far brighter and more intense.

I am currently running 4700K HID kit together with the earlier version of the DDE's.

I always thought of buying the latest DDE kit as they do light up more white then a off white/yellow which my current DDE's are.

Darn ... I wish I could still make it to this meet .... :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links