Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tire Wear

atwb1

:driving: I know this has been a topic many times, but I have only had my 02 for three months and I have seen the normal inside tire wear and the noise and rough ride that all have talked about. I need some help on what would be the best tires to install. Should I go away from the run flats? If I do what happens in case of a flat? Is there any alignment specs out to help improve wear? How about run flats that have a better ride? SORRY about bringing this topic up again!

:driving: I know this has been a topic many times, but I have only had my 02 for three months and I have seen the normal inside tire wear and the noise and rough ride that all have talked about. I need some help on what would be the best tires to install. Should I go away from the run flats? If I do what happens in case of a flat? Is there any alignment specs out to help improve wear? How about run flats that have a better ride? SORRY about bringing this topic up again!

I would lose the run flats.

Personaly I would just buy another set of 20" alloys with rubberbands if I had to do it again. Makes the car look fantastic and the rides still alot better then the OEM run flats IMHO.

Ive got Pirelli tyres P Zeros, but ive heard on other forums that Pirelli's are noticable louder then others. From memory I think folks where saying Bridgestones are quieter though.

Theres a number of threads about SC430 Tyres at Club Lexus.

"If I do what happens in case of a flat?"

I just carry a can of Tire Weld, I bought another can the other day to stick in my Range Rover. Even if Ive got a spare wheel Im getting too old to **** about jacking cars up in some ditch in the middle of the night with no street lamps :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links