Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kumo Tyres

Fitted them on mine about 3 weeks ago. Only cost me £53 each. Well happy, saved a fortune and no difference i can tell to the originals. I will say though i only drive the Lexus a couple of times a week and dont abuse it when i do, there may be others on the club who disagree. The guy i bought them off was on ebay and i can highly recommend him. He has another set for sale but i notice his prices have gone up by 4 quid per pair. £110 for two £220 for 4.

Hi, The price of Kumho will come down again in about a week, the increase was forced on us by Kumho. How are you getting on with them for grip?

Fitted them on mine about 3 weeks ago. Only cost me £53 each. Well happy, saved a fortune and no difference i can tell to the originals. I will say though i only drive the Lexus a couple of times a week and dont abuse it when i do, there may be others on the club who disagree. The guy i bought them off was on ebay and i can highly recommend him. He has another set for sale but i notice his prices have gone up by 4 quid per pair. £110 for two £220 for 4.

Hi, The price of Kumho will come down again in about a week, the increase was forced on us by Kumho. How are you getting on with them for grip?

For the amount and type of driving i do (sensible family man) i have had no problems yet, driving wet or dry. My main concern would obviously be saftey with 2 children 3rd on the way. I did not buy these tyres just because they were cheaper than other brands. They obviously reach european safety standards and are are good for speeds over 150 miles an hour which a standard IS couldnt reach even if you wanted it to. As i said initally for the amount of driving i do i could not justify paying double for a tyre which may sound slighty louder (although personally i have not noticed this) and it seems wear out quicker. Averaging 3/5 thousand miles a year they should still last me a couple of years, by which time the car will probaply been changed anyway. No regrets yet mate, If at any time something goes wrong with the handling the club will be the first to no

Slightly off topic, but do you guys who have bought tyres by mail order find that local garages or tyrefitters are generally happy to fit them and, if so, roughly how much will they charge to do so?

I've bought motorbike tyres mail order for many years but fitting isn't an issue as I can do it myself.

Cheers

The Toyo's have been on for three days now and I can really feel the difference. No blinking traction light and not a hint of understeer under normal driving even in the wet. :)

Only problem I've got with them is they make my alloys look small (17's). Not sure if its just because of the tread being so much deeper ( do all new tyres do this?) or something about the design.

Haven't been able to clean them yet because of the weather so maybe they'll look better when i wash the tyre gum off :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links