Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greddy Profec E-01 Installed!

SpOcK

This might be of an interest to someone thinking whether to go this route... B)

Just got my Profec e-01 installed. I did it myself, and it took about an 1.5 hours total. Pretty straight forward operation, really.

The hardest part was to get the wiring harnesses routed through the firewall... :sick::crybaby: Four harnesses in total. One for the boost control solenoid, one for the boost sensor, one from the eManage (I've installed it earlier in engine compartment) to the e-01 to tell the boost reading to eManage, and one USB A-B in between the eManage and e-01 to allow to tune the eManage from the e-01 without a laptop.

The rest was childs play, just put the screen on top of the dash, and tuck the center unit and the remaining cables under the dash... :whistling:

This gadget is beautiful, and it can do tons of tricks!!! You can put any three signals on the display, and you also have a choice of four different formats of display (I prefer the one with an ("analog boost gauge"). And in addition of displaying the values on the screen, you can also log and play back up to 3(!) hours of any data channel you choose!

I also connected my AEM UEGO output signal to the e-01, so now I can display (and log) also A/F on the screen. Neat! And that's a great help when tuning on the rolling road.

e-01 has settable warnings for almost any signal you choose, e.g. mixture too lean, too much boost, speed warning, over revving, etc, etc.

I wont be having my turbos installed until Feb, so I don't know how it behaves as a boost controller :blush:, but so far it's been just brilliant, and is very fun to play with. I highly recommed it over the usual Apex'i stuff... :blush: :winky: :whistling:

Here are the pics:

Just a general view.

Here's another.

Here's a picture of the screen with an "analog gauge" view.

And here's the cordless Remote Switching System to control the "Over Take Boost" from the steering wheel, i.e. to raise the boost for a set amount of time for extra grunt when you need it... :shifty: :D

p.s. the cable running on top of the dash is for the remote seen on the left of the screen. And sorry for the picture quality, they were taken with a cell-phone... :blush:

This might be of an interest to someone thinking whether to go this route...  B)

Just got my Profec e-01 installed. I did it myself, and it took about an 1.5 hours total. Pretty straight forward operation, really.

The hardest part was to get the wiring harnesses routed through the firewall...  :sick:  :crybaby: Four harnesses in total. One for the boost control solenoid, one for the boost sensor, one from the eManage (I've installed it earlier in engine compartment) to the e-01 to tell the boost reading to eManage, and one USB A-B in between the eManage and e-01 to allow to tune the eManage from the e-01 without a laptop.

The rest was childs play, just put the screen on top of the dash, and tuck the center unit and the remaining cables under the dash...  :whistling:

This gadget is beautiful, and it can do tons of tricks!!! You can put any three signals on the display, and you also have a choice of four different formats of display (I prefer the one with an ("analog boost gauge"). And in addition of displaying the values on the screen, you can also log and play back up to 3(!) hours of any data channel you choose!

I also connected my AEM UEGO output signal to the e-01, so now I can display (and log) also A/F on the screen. Neat! And that's a great help when tuning on the rolling road.

e-01 has settable warnings for almost any signal you choose, e.g. mixture too lean, too much boost, speed warning, over revving, etc, etc.

I wont be having my turbos installed until Feb, so I don't know how it behaves as a boost controller  :blush:, but so far it's been just brilliant, and is very fun to play with. I highly recommed it over the usual Apex'i stuff...  :blush:  :winky:  :whistling:

Here are the pics:

Just a general view.

Here's another.

Here's a picture of the screen with an "analog gauge" view.

And here's the cordless Remote Switching System to control the "Over Take Boost" from the steering wheel, i.e. to raise the boost for a set amount of time for extra grunt when you need it...  :shifty:  :D

p.s. the cable running on top of the dash is for the remote seen on the left of the screen. And sorry for the picture quality, they were taken with a cell-phone...  :blush:

Nice to see some one els fitting one, i have the same spock Emanage + Profec E-01 as i will be fitting my Turbo next month as well :winky: i have to say it is a nice bit of kit. there is lots it can do and it just looks so nice as well. Pic,s of my one are in the Gallery

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links