Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RADIO SECURITY

My car is perfect except the radio says SEC. Short of a trip to the dealer is there any way to programme the thing.. Lexus Dealer lady ( fox!) tells me Lexus have to send a guy out to do it... Sounds expensive! Any clues??

Cheers,

loz

Guess I could do that... but the previous owner was .... wait for it... Lexus COntracts Devison. and they (through the dealer) say they have to send out a geeza to do the five minute job that is required.. Shame. I hope it's not expensive.

Ps. You car is same colour as mine but the similarity ends there. I take it you like performance mods.. I wondered what would be worth doing to mine for enhancements? Any clues on where to start. GOld badges sound nice. are they a dealer fit? costly?

Ade AKA Loz :flaming:

Hi Ade

You can get the Gold badges from Mida - we have negotiated a discount with them - click on the banners you'll find dotted around the site.

I'm sure that Lexus can reset the security code in your radio for you, but if they are gonna charge you then it must be loads cheapers just to ask whoever had it before you.

I've not done too may performance mods to my car - mostly cosmetic stuff, audion upgrades and uprated braking.

The best place to look for performance mods is TDI plc - again, there are links on this website to them. If you join our gold forum, you can gain access to discounts on all sorts of goodies.

Good luck!

Rod

Shame about the Stereo thing... The previous owner on the log book is Lexus COntracts so as I say... not much good following them up. I am told the Stereo gets a code put in when it enters the country. Lexus then keep a hold on it.

calling them now to see if they can help...

Those gold badges are a cheeky if not cheap luxury. :lol:

Loz :?:

I don't think that's true about the code mate - on mine you have to create one if you want to enable the security thing.

I bet the Lexus contracts dept isn't that big - why don't you just call up HO - ask to speak to their fleet manager and find out who had it - they're in Epsom.

DATA PROTECTION!

Cant see Lexus giving me details of the previous owner as I could be wanting to go round and nick his new one! then where would they be when that came out in court! Aiding and abetting!! Not the best for their reputation I am sure you'd agree. Still I'll try it! the 01737 number right?

Loz

Originally posted by Loz

DATA PROTECTION!

Cant see Lexus giving me details of the previous owner as I could be wanting to go round and nick his new one! then where would they be when that came out in court! Aiding and abetting!! Not the best for their reputation I am sure you'd agree. Still I'll try it! the 01737 number right?

Loz

S'gotta be worth a try - you don't even need any details, you could ask the fleet manager to get the code for you - let us know how you get on please.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links