Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger - Compressor

Adie

ok so this is clear for people -

OPTION 1: if u want to use the standard TTE airbox that COMES with the TTE supercharger kit then you NEED to remove the clutch reservoir and fit the SUPPLIED adaptor, this allows you to link the clutch with the brake reservor. ( down side is that the fluid gets dirty)

OPTION 2: use the SUPPLIED adaptor and TTE airbox and then buy a small clutch reservoir so you still have a seperate clutch reservoir ( the reservoir will just bolt on close to the brake reservoir)

OPTION 3: buy an induction kit, then u will not need to touch the clutch reservoir at all.

hope that this is clear now??

Thanks fluff that was all I was after in the first place...we're not all clued on these things and I'm sure it will benefit others in the future as well  :P

no probs anytime, just ask me and ill see what i can find out etc

OPTION 1:  if u want to use the standard TTE airbox that COMES with the TTE supercharger kit then you NEED to remove the clutch reservoir and fit the SUPPLIED adaptor, this allows you to link the  clutch with the brake reservor. (  down side is that the fluid gets dirty)

Had this dirty fluid problem too. Goes quite black in a matter of weeks.

Replaced the hose supplied with the kit for a piece from a hydraulics firm.

Seems to have overcome the problem..

OPTION 1:  if u want to use the standard TTE airbox that COMES with the TTE supercharger kit then you NEED to remove the clutch reservoir and fit the SUPPLIED adaptor, this allows you to link the  clutch with the brake reservor. (  down side is that the fluid gets dirty)

Had this dirty fluid problem too. Goes quite black in a matter of weeks.

Replaced the hose supplied with the kit for a piece from a hydraulics firm.

Seems to have overcome the problem..

strangely i have never had the dirty fluid problem

was as clean as the new stuff that went in at the last service :huh:

ok so this is clear for people -

OPTION 2:  use the SUPPLIED adaptor and TTE airbox and then buy a small clutch reservoir so you still have a seperate clutch reservoir ( the reservoir will just bolt on close to the brake reservoir)

OPTION 3:  buy an induction kit, then u will not need to touch the clutch reservoir at all.

hope that this is clear now??

Are Tdi the only people who do induction kits?

Thanks for the explanation - very useful.

not sure

EDIT: had a think about this for a bit :

at the moment i think tdi are the only people doing aftermarket intakes for the supercharger, which is basically a piece of moulded silicone tubing.

i am sure i saw in a post while back that prolex-UK will have an intake for the supercharger in the not so distant future

if it was me buying one i would wait and see both offerings and get the better one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links