Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx Reliability - Truth Or Spin?

How Reliable Has Your Rx300/330 Actually Been?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How Reliable Has Your Rx300/330 Actually Been?

• 100%
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • Less than 50%
    • Shocking

Having been a loyal Saab owner for years, I'm nervously contemplating changing marque for my next car this year.

Volvo and Audi, err... moving swiftly on.

BMW, well at least they used to look nice once. Now they have hideous profiles to match the owner / driver image.

Mercedes. Would love one.... until I have to call the AA out monthly, plus converse with the disinterested dealers re trim falling off a £40k car.

Saab, could so easily again, they've been faultless for 7 years for me, and untouchable low RPM peak torque turbos, ergonomics and peerless seats.

However, I'm intrigued by the legendary Lexus customer service, alleged exceptional reliability and great spec. RX is a great looking car, and I hear a new (4WD) GS is due out soon also.

My wife has the RX's little (Toyota) sister (RAV4 XT4), and it's a fab car, faultless (so far - 12 months old), and dealers are great.

So is it all really true re Lexus?, and what about the RX?

Appreciate your own experience feedback.

Rgds

R-H :driving:

:driving: I have had mine only a short while, I could not check the paint on picking the car up (raining), once checked I found some small marks which are about to be addressed by the dealership ( this paint defect is unusual i am told). To date I have found no other car company so helpfull and interested in fullfilling your every satifaction. I drove ALL 4*4's before putting my money down, none gave the ride,extras, feel, and smoothness of these cars. Go try one yourself and see. B)

My RX is faultless.

Have a 300 SE-L from new and have now covered 7000 miles in it.

It has one or two very minor rattles in it, all of which I believe can be easily rectified by the dealer when I send it for annual service this March.

I also looked at X5, XC90 and VW Toureg. I think RX is best looking of the lot and offers good value for money by comparison to these other models

I am very happy with it and would recommed you buy one.

RxMike :)

• 4 weeks later...
Having been a loyal Saab owner for years, I'm nervously contemplating changing marque for my next car this year.

Volvo and Audi, err... moving swiftly on.

BMW, well at least they used to look nice once. Now they have hideous profiles to match the owner / driver image.

Mercedes. Would love one.... until I have to call the AA out monthly, plus converse with the disinterested dealers re trim falling off a £40k car.

Saab, could so easily again, they've been faultless for 7 years for me, and untouchable low RPM peak torque turbos, ergonomics and peerless seats.

However, I'm intrigued by the legendary Lexus customer service, alleged exceptional reliability and great spec. RX is a great looking car, and I hear a new (4WD) GS is due out soon also.

My wife has the RX's little (Toyota) sister (RAV4 XT4), and it's a fab car, faultless (so far - 12 months old), and dealers are great.

So is it all really true re Lexus?, and what about the RX?

Appreciate your own experience feedback.

Rgds

R-H  :driving:

:) I have had a Lexus RX300 Se-L for 5 months now, having previously owned an IS200 SE for three years.

I have nothing but praise for both vehicles, having had a 100% reliability record with both of them.

My dealer, Lexus Bolton, are always first class, from purchase to sale.

Go ahead and purchase your RX300 SE-L, but remember you will find it hard to move to another manufacturers' inferior vehicle!

Best Regards

Jim B)

I had a Mk1 and a MK11 RX. Did 20000 miles in the MK11 (it's for sale on the Lexus Southampton web site at present) including 2 trips to Spain and back and it was brilliant. I only changed because I developed a totally irrational desire to have another LS (this is my third LS). Went over to Jag for a short while but was back to the dealer so often I used to make my own coffee.

Get the Lexus and be prepared to spend your driving time with a great big grin on your face.

Had A MK1 Rx300 se for 3 yrs with 30,000 miles part/ex for new Rx300SE-L .

Looked at other makes, BMW X5 was on order, but the way I was treated by BMW was nothing less than disgusting, so cancelled it. Made Lexus a real joy to place the order with.

Look no further.

Realspeed

Hi Rex

Like James Smith I went from 3.5 years in an IS to nearly a year in an RX. In that time I had one serious problem on the IS which was fixed in three days. It took Lexus Assist an hour to get a flat bed truck to my house to pick up the (undriveable (power steering pump failure)) car for repairs and another twenty mins for the courtesy car to arrive !

The Lexus experience really does make you think several times about buying another brand, so much so that I may bin plans for a Golf GTi as our second car and wait for the new IS>

Rgds

D

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my RX300 SE-L for 20 months now and it is due for the 60k service on Monday.

I have to say it is one of the best cars I have ever driven and as we all seem to agree the service and customer focus at the dealerships really wakes you up to what most people are used to accepting.

Faults...

I had the air compressor replaced in one of the rear suspension units. It had failed and the computer had put the car into Safe mode (it doesn't change ride height). I spotted this at 5:30pm as I left a customer. Rang the dealer and they took it in at 8:00am the next morning, courtesy car was waiting and they fixed it in a couple of days (after investigation with Lexus GB).

Had the dashboard rattles, but they were fixed.

Car looked lop-sided so asked them to check in case it was just the camber. Technicians checked it against a new one and it was 6mm out - order the parts and fixed it for me.

Had all 4 wheels changed under warrantee (blistering).

Service...

Ring them up for a time, and they book you in a slot of about 1 hour. Non of the 'Drop if off in the morning and it might be ready by the time we close'. I've turned up once and the courtesy car wasn't available, the Manager just gave me his for the day(s) - after taking his golf clubs out first

After all this time and that many hours driving it, it is still a pleasure.

I don't get much luxury in my life, but this is it, and I love it!

Night-Time

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links