Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuses? (1994 GS300)

I replaced the broken cigarette lighter (the removable bit - not the whole module).

It worked fine a couple of times and then blew the "F/Cig" fuse down in the stupid fuse box by the accelerator pedal.

First of all - anyone got tips as to what is wrong?

Secondly - why did the F/Cig fuse blowing cause my heater/radio controls to stop working?

They have their own fuses?

• 5 months later...

I was trying to fix the cigarrett lighter , when i put the power cable back in , the whole damn system black out , even the clock didn't work , the climate weather control/radio/CDs , nothing work , i dont know what's the problem was . Maybe the fuse box , but my Lexus is gs300 1996 , the only fuse box i see is under the hood , i was thinking there's another one , if you know something, please post and HELP!

In that fuse box by the accelertor pedel, there is also the power fuse which is a 30A disc fuse, this fuse controls the cig lighter aswell as the main Cig lighter fuse, the 30A fuse also controls the radio, seats, windows and mirrors etc, anything that can be controlled from the drivers side.

• 4 years later...
I replaced the broken cigarette lighter (the removable bit - not the whole module).

It worked fine a couple of times and then blew the "F/Cig" fuse down in the stupid fuse box by the accelerator pedal.

First of all - anyone got tips as to what is wrong?

Secondly - why did the F/Cig fuse blowing cause my heater/radio controls to stop working?

They have their own fuses?

I went thru all of the fuses replacing them, located under the dashboard, under and to the left of the steering wheel, after replacing the fuse, i belive that it was in the middle row of fuses, my radio, cig, and a/c, heater started working, also that antenna, don't know how long it will work, but it was not working, now it is, with a new fuse. I hope that this helps, i followed the advice from others here, on this site.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links