Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Headlight Removal

chips229

Hi,

Has anyone removed or can they explain how to remove the headlights on a mk1 Aristo.

I got as far as removing the 3 screws which hold the plastic cover on which sits on top the headlight,took the bolt out which screws into the inside of the front wing,removed the bolt on top the headlight and the other bolt near the centre of the car near the bumper.

The headlight is loose,but tight where the indicator fits the wing...

So there might be another bolt to take out from the wheel arch section,which has a plastic dirt cover inside the wheel arch?

Or does the front bumper need to be removed to get the headlights out?

Ive put it all back together for now.

can anyone help please?

Cheers

Chips.

Good luck, there are 2 bolts on the inside of the wing under the arch dust cover, then once you've removed the rest, pull the light unit out pulling on the indicater side first, this will ease the unit towards the rad. Then by lifting while sliding out, the unit will come out, putting the unit back in is a bit more difficult as you have to be carefull not to mark the top of the bumper while refitting.

Done mine so many times fitting Angel lights in and then having to reseal with mastic because I'd missed a bit. Only have the passenger side to do and then all done.

If the uk cars have a different type of light which are better id change them.

You can change the bulbs to 9006 for the projector lens and then 9005 for the standard lens next to it. I have, the difference is unbelievable, so much better. Especailly on the main beam, gives a blue'ish tint the whole unit.

On the UK models, the light and the indicators are seperate unit's, on the MK I Arristo, they are one complete unit

You can remove the lens but be prepared to get sticky, you'll need to heat up the joint between the lens and the back cover and lever them apart carefully, afterwards you need to remove the black sticky glue and replace with new stuff. I give mine a good clean as I've psrayed my colour-coded the inserts and put the Lexus Stickers on them. Looks good and doesn't make any difference to the brightness of the lights

The weathers meant to be dry over the weekend,so im hoping to get both headlights out,and clean...

Thanks for warning me about the black sticky glue...

Ive looked into the HID conversion but they only list the uk gs300....

The company said not to put higher wattage bulbs in,as i wont get any better light,just more heat inside the headlight and they say the lens may melt :unsure: ..

Ill clean them up and then see how i get on...

Cheers

Chips.

I heated the headlight units up,gave up in the end trying to get the fronts off,well stuck on.....

With the bulbs out i used a old coat hanger with some damp rag tied to the end and cleaned the inside on the front glass and the inside and out of the projector lens....

There was alot of grime on the glass and dipped lens....

The lights are alot more brighter now :)

Just one more question though....

The headlight adjustments from what i can see are...

With the bonnet up....

On the top of the headlight the screw seems to move the dipped beam up and down..

Behind the unit there are 2 more adjusters

The one in the middle seems to adjust the full beam height up and down.

The other adjuster which is near the centre of the car (nearest rad) seems tight on both headlights....what does that one do?

i ask because i want to adjust the drivers side dipped beam,its to far left pointing into the curb and i want to adjust it more towards the middle of my side of the road,if you know what i mean...

Dont get me wrong there a dam site better now :D just want adjusting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links