Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Laser Geometry Set Up

legendswraith

It seems from the huge amount of GS posts that there is an ongoing problem with the GS geometry after a while and as i suffer from a touch of vibration at 90+ mph (private roads only you understand) after i get my wheels rebalanced then getting the geometry checked is the next logical course of action so if anyone in the leicester/lincs area has founds anywhere that does a good job i would be glad of the details

Cheers

Leg

It seems from the huge amount of GS posts that there is an ongoing problem with the GS geometry after a while and as i suffer from a touch of vibration at 90+ mph (private roads only you understand) after i get my wheels rebalanced then getting the geometry checked is the next logical course of action so if anyone in the leicester/lincs area has founds anywhere that does a good job i would be glad of the details

Cheers

Leg

geometricaly the GS is not subject to vibration unless the front tyres have worn uneaven, wheel balance is the criminal in most cases. for the GS the only way to balance the wheel is on a "studed plate" basicaly the wheel needs to be bolted onto the balancer in the same fashion as it is on the car via the stud holes, not the wheel centre!

geometricaly the GS is not subject to vibration unless the front tyres have worn uneaven, wheel balance is the criminal in most cases. for the GS the only way to balance the wheel is on a "studed plate" basicaly the wheel needs to be bolted onto the balancer in the same fashion as it is on the car via the stud holes, not the wheel centre!

so find a wheel balancer with a stud locatig jig and i'm away then thats good to hear as it sounds very inexpensive :D

thanks for the info

Kind of on topic, but on my lexus the inside edge of the drivers tyre has worn more than the rest of the tyre, almost bald to around 1" into the tyre from the edge. the other front one has started doing it, but its not as bad. I'm experiencing some vibration, could it be this? and whats causing this, is it the geometry of the suspension, castor, camber, toe, etc? I had the car tracking checked and that was "spot on" according to a reputable garage.

Kind of on topic, but on my lexus the inside edge of the drivers tyre has worn more than the rest of the tyre, almost bald to around 1" into the tyre from the edge. the other front one has started doing it, but its not as bad. I'm experiencing some vibration, could it be this? and whats causing this, is it the geometry of the suspension, castor, camber, toe, etc? I had the car tracking checked and that was "spot on" according to a reputable garage.

think there are a few other posts who have had this problem have a look through the is posts as well

"cause and effect" if the tyre is subject to uneven wear, like in your case on the inside, the initial wheel balance will be lost, since now the tread wear is no longer symmetrical, "cause" alignment will not wear the tyre in the manner you discribe, camber is the most likely crimminal, "effect" once the uneven wear is established, vibration.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links