Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

right i have just got a induction kit for my 94 gs300 and i need to mod the mass airflow sensor fitting slightly from the look of the bottom of the sensor there is the main sensor part then further up there is a long plastic dowel, this dowel is what i am worried about i don't know if it is a location dowel or a sensor in its own right and i need to take this into consideration when i mod the bracket so if anyone knows anything about it any advice would be appreciated

thanks morse but its actually a piece of the Mas that goes into the airflow (maybe) it looks like a dowel to me but i reckon i better make sure anyhow i just whittled myself an adaptor out of stainless so with a touch of technical magic and alot of prc we will see if it works

If it does work out ok i will try to post a pattern for an adaptor on here if anyone else wants to take up the challenge lol

right i have just got a induction kit for my 94 gs300 and i need to mod the mass airflow sensor fitting slightly from the look of the bottom of the sensor there is the main sensor part then further up there is a long plastic dowel, this dowel is what i am worried about i don't know if it is a location dowel or a sensor in its own right and i need to take this into consideration when i mod the bracket so if anyone knows anything about it any advice would be appreciated

Wasn't exactly sure what you meant - thought it mught have been the rubber capped drain below the "K&N" logo on the pipe.

Anyway geezer, good luck - these induction kits have a positive effect on throttle response AND make a good noise

Mike

attacking this from another direction now going to incorporate the original mas and fitting into the induction kit

One day i will do this the easy way but i am having so much fun taking things to bits its like lego for adults :D

• 2 weeks later...

finally got the induction kit sorted just used the original kits induction pipe cut off the mk2 maf sensor mounting and got some silicon hose and fitted the maf sensor housing onto the induction pipe then nipped down to the machine shop and whittled an adaptor for the front of the maf sensor housing out of aero aluminium and voila a tailor made induction kit. Now as soon as i can find a good number for some t-bar clamps i will replace the jubilee clips and it will look the business

ah ha thought u had something to do with aviation as u mentioned PRC - great stuff isnt it ! LOL

depending what fleet u have, i have a few PN's for clamps, will try dig them out of my box next week.

ah ha thought u had something to do with aviation as u mentioned PRC - great stuff isnt it ! LOL

depending what fleet u have, i have a few PN's for clamps, will try dig them out of my box next week.

yep certainly makes finding hard to find bits easier and it looks like you are hard at work when you are poring through a parts catalogue need to find a jet that has a few more transferrable parts though :D

nah i didnt mean use ecs ducting, meant clamps off the ducting, i have loads of clamps that are not the T-bat ones but ones that do use a threaded rod and have a 1/4 head ill get the Pn for u

nah i didnt mean use ecs ducting, meant clamps off the ducting,  i  have loads of clamps  that are not  the T-bat ones but ones that do use a threaded rod and have a 1/4 head ill get the Pn for u

think i know what you mean similar to jubilees but more robust and less unsightly

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links