Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Old fart in Bristol !! am I doomed ? :blink:

I’m 61 don’t consider my self old, and the car well , just great.

I run an exec travel firm and while I was on a job near London I got chatting to another chauffer. He had the LS430 , I had not looked at the Lexus before that. He gave me the keys and I took it for a drive. Great car, I was driving a 7 series BMW that I loved. But I was so impressed by the Lex . I decided I would get one.

This week I picked up my L400 year 2000. Reg ( V 400 LEX ). :) Could not be better.

Still getting used to the toys, but love it. But No TV ( miss my teletext ) and no hands free phone.

I expect I will be back at this site asking stupid questions, so you will have to help out an old fart.

You are as old as the woman you feel. :zee:

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle with me.

I currently drive a GS430 Sport, having owned a GS300 previously.  I am now considering changing to an LS430, but am worried that I am not old enough!  Seriously.

I am 53 years old and would be interested to know the average age of LS drivers.  Perhaps this forum could give me a clue.

Stupid question, I know, but I would be interested.  I have such little street cred left and I would hate to lose that.

Many thanks

Hi Bob, I am now on my third Ls, started with a 92K plater 7 years ago.

Then a 96 plate now a ls430. I,m 55 now and don't give a toss whether people think it's an old farts car. Just goes to show experience and knowledge comes with age. Stick with it you will not be disapointed.

any advance on 62[63 next month] :driving:

Blimey some one older than me I'm chuffed :hehe:

have to start looking for an LS :winky:

:D

I'm "only" 48 and i've just bought an LS400 and i luvvit! And i couldn't care less what people think, but when these "boys" are right up behind you in the street racers and i squeeze the gas, leaving them behind in a burble of lovely V8 exhaust pipes it brings a smile to my face -- he he

I'm 29 and got mine when I was 28. I must admit that I do think of it as on old man's car, but I don't care. It's quiet, smooth, reasonably cheap to run compared to two litre cars, it's got a good sound system and it's reasonbly quick. I must admit though that although many people tell you how quick they are they don't feel it as they are comfortable, but setting off as this car want to 'normally' seems to usually put you in the lead. When I first got it I used to drive slow as I didn't want to get where I was going!!

• 4 weeks later...

I got my LS430 a year ago, at 34. Now i'm 35 and love it even more. I traded n my GS300 for it and i have neva looked back. The LS is smooth, refined, great sound system, fast, and loaded with cool toys. I'm just glad i did not have 2 wait till i was an old man to enjoy it.... :D :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links