Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc430 Geometry Setup

McLean

Loooking to get a 4 wheel alignment done soon so just spent the evening searching for the standard alignment settings for the SC430 - failed miserably!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

(I recall a post with the figures a couple of years ago, but think it was before the board had its major revamp :unsure: )

Thanks!

Loooking to get a 4 wheel alignment done soon so just spent the evening searching for the standard alignment settings for the SC430 - failed miserably!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

(I recall a post with the figures a couple of years ago, but think it was before the board had its major revamp :unsure: )

Thanks!

Got them right here.. what do you need?

Hi Tony, thanks for following up. Basically, I've got the printout from the geometry check done a year ago at 20,000ml - on a Corghi machine - and was wanting to know the standard figures so I could compare before taking it in again this year. After adjustment, the final values last year were:

FRONT

Total Toe 1.0mm Partial Toe LT 0.5mm Partial Toe RT 0.5mm

Camber LT -1deg 11' Camber RT -0deg 40'

Caster LT 7deg 12' Caster RT 8deg 8'

King Pin LT 11deg 46' King Pin RT 9deg 40'

Inc Angle LT 10deg 35' Inc Angle RT 9deg 40'

Set Back -0deg 22'

Track Dif 0deg 00'

REAR

Total Toe 1.4mm Partial Toe LT 0.7mm Partial Toe RT 0.7mm

Camber LT -1deg 10' Camber RT -1deg 00'

Set Back -0deg 33'

Tyre wear has been pretty even on the SP9000s fitted at the moment - slightly more wear on inside shoulder of all four, and in centre tread of the two rears (my right foot!).

How do the figs compare to the standard figs? Any cause for concern do you reckon?

Hi Tony, thanks for following up.  Basically, I've got the printout from the geometry check done a year ago at 20,000ml - on a Corghi machine -  and was wanting to know the standard figures so I could compare before taking it in again this year.  After adjustment, the final values last year were:

FRONT

Total Toe  1.0mm    Partial Toe LT  0.5mm    Partial Toe RT  0.5mm

Camber  LT  -1deg 11'    Camber RT  -0deg 40'

Caster  LT  7deg 12'    Caster RT  8deg 8'

King Pin LT  11deg 46'    King Pin RT  9deg 40'

Inc Angle LT  10deg 35'    Inc Angle RT  9deg 40'

Set Back -0deg 22'

Track Dif  0deg 00'

REAR

Total Toe  1.4mm    Partial Toe LT  0.7mm    Partial Toe RT  0.7mm

Camber LT  -1deg 10'    Camber RT  -1deg 00'

Set Back  -0deg 33'

Tyre wear has been pretty even on the SP9000s fitted at the moment - slightly more wear on inside shoulder of all four, and in centre tread of the two rears (my right foot!). 

How do the figs compare to the standard figs? Any cause for concern do you reckon?

i assume the car is UK spec, standard wheels and suspension if so then

Front toe : ok

Front camber: nsf way off, this reflects in the KPI

: osf ok

Castor : ok

KPI : nsf to low, if the adjuster cam is maxed on the camber then the lower wishbone is bent at the neck

included : nsf to high, the point of load on the tyre is to the outside

set-back : ok

rear toe : ok

rear camber : on paper looks ok but if the tyres do show wear on the inside then

40' negative is the best area

driver profile also needs to be added in the the set-up/ around town/ motorway/ just the driver/ fully loaded, then the car/ wider wheels/ lowerd suspension and so on, geometry is personal and needs to be manufactured, let me know...

Wow! Thanks for all that Tony.

Yes, it's a std UK model with Lexus revised suspension kit fitted when I switched from run flats to conventional tyres.

Use is mainly driver only, with mixed motorway and local rural roads.

Anything else you need to know?

Wow!  Thanks for all that Tony.

Yes, it's a std UK model with Lexus revised suspension kit fitted when I switched from run flats to conventional tyres.

Use is mainly driver only, with mixed motorway and local rural roads.

Anything else you need to know?

You are welcome, but still work to do?

Why when the geometry was last set the camber on the nsf left at 1deg 11'neg when the spec is 30' neg, at the moment its nearly 3 times the spec value?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Took the car along to Tony at Watforford last Saturday and got him to do his usual 4 wheel alignment magic and set it up to factory figures. Obvious improvements afterwards: better handling, reduced oversteer into corners, no sideways leaps from the backend over speed bumps, and unless I'm mistaken, reduced tyre noise too. Not bad for a couple of hours work - eh?

Keep asking myself why did I put up with it as it was for sooo long?

Tony says it was his first SC430, so come on guys, get along there and see what he can do for yours.

Fine job Tony, see you in 2000ml for the fine tuning!

UPDATE:  Took the car along to Tony at Watforford last Saturday and got him to do his usual 4 wheel alignment magic and set it up to factory figures.  Obvious improvements afterwards: better handling, reduced oversteer into corners, no sideways leaps from the backend over speed bumps, and unless I'm mistaken, reduced tyre noise too.  Not bad for a couple of hours work - eh? 

Keep asking myself why did I put up with it as it was for sooo long?

Tony says it was his first SC430, so come on guys, get along there and see what he can do for yours.

Fine job Tony, see you in 2000ml for the fine tuning!

You are more than welcome!.. thanks for displaying your feelings to LOC. "BUT"

what Mr Mclean kindly left out was......? i set the car on the wrong "data".

In my defence the job ticket given to me showed the car as a LS430GB, so for the next two hours i did struggle to balance recovery of a SC430GB geometry to comply with the LS430GB data, when it came to the print Mr Mclean noticed the error.... just goes to show we are all human and "do" make mistakes. the good news was the condition of the geometry on the SC430GB overlap was better since now i could "down" adjust. Fine gentelmen Mr Mclean for not disclosing my error but i think its better that everyone can see that "no one" is invinciable.

Cause: trusting "third party" information.

Prevention: check yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links