Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should i buy a IS200 Sportcross

mjgsa

Hi everyone!

I am in the process of buying a new car, and currently considering 4 cars:

- IS200 Sportcross (when available).

- Audi A4 1.9TDI

- Mercedes C200 Station kompressor.

- VW Passat 1.9TDI Highline (full extras).

Can You give me Your opinion about the Lexus IS200 against the other cars i mention, in terms of:

- interior quality.

- exterior quality.

- confort.

- interior noise.

Thanks.

Hi matey

Decisions...decisions...decisions....

My overall opinion i think you should purchase the sportscross, depending on how much you have to spend, it comes with every conceivable extra, the performance is great it looks stunnings and your love every mile of it.

All i can recommend is test drive the cars and establish which one you most prefer to get the feel of its performance etc. and make that decision.......

:bounce::bounce::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Lexus representative in Portugal allowed me to try a IS300 Sportcross for 2 days, and it did impress me; it was a demonstration car with 20k miles, and still had no "strange" noises. What didn't impress me was the performance; i was expecting something more from 214HP. But i stll have some doubts about the "durability"; i am used to a Mercedes...

i would'nt worry about "durability" lexus are well known for it...........

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2411

and JD Power

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1384

and again

http://www.teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1110

HAPPY READING.................;)

I did look at some German cars before I bought my IS300 Sportcross and according to the numbers some of them did have better performance if you choose the right engine. But when you start going through the option list they become quite expensive.

As far as your questions go then the Sportcross has the quality and comfort but on Yokohama tyres the road noise can be annoying on some surfaces.

I think Lexus in general can be underpowered (although the Sportscross seems quite fast), but it's a compromise when you consider the styling and the fact everything seems to come as standard. Definitely more gizmos and comfort than many other cars on the market.

And, hey, Sportscross vs a VW Passat?!?! :lol:

Bonjour,

Yes it's defintly not there that you will find a good opinion, but I will try to be objective, just try :o)

For memo the IS300 sportcross is about 40.000 euros with DVD sat nav and Sun Roof (pack luxe down there)

The IS200 sportcross will be around 30.000/32.000 euros with Sat nav

Take care about something, if it's like France it will come with 16' wheels :-(

- Audi A4 1.9TDI

In quatro avant pack plus, let's take the higher grade 37930 euros in France :o)

Need to add the GPS plus about 3000 euros :-(

0 to 100 km/h in 10,6 - 202 km/h in top speed - 130cv -1540 kgs

it's a diesel, so it's definitly not comparable with the perfs of an IS200 or 300 sportcross

If you want something starting to be cool, take the TDI 6 cylinders/180cv(over 40.000 euros)

Looks good but the world is plenty of Audi A4, definitly a good comun choice.

Plus: quality/design/confort/consumption

Neg: lake of performances and commun car/no sport at all until reaching the 180cv

- Mercedes C200 Station kompressor.

in Avant garde break 6M, 34885 Euros down there, need to add GPS

0 to 100 km/h in 9,4 - 228 km/h in top speed - 163cv -1540 kgs

Looks strange (rear design) but anyway…

Plus: quality/confort

Neg: 4 cylinders/no personality/no sport

- VW Passat 1.9TDI Highline (full extras).

lets take the 4motion one, 28870 euros and need to add the GPS, around 3000 euros

0 to 100 km/h in 10,4 - 197 km/h in top speed - 130cv -1530 kgs

Looks ugly but it works (remember the Cox add ;-)

Plus: quality/confort

Neg: 4 cylinders/no personality/no sport/no design

Thanks anyway you didn't ask to compare a BMW LOL

Now talking about your IS300, maybe it didn't impress you but it takes 8,4sec up to 100 km/h, maybe you didn't try it in twisted road, because the Lex chassis will give you much more fun than all the cars above, and on the IS200 you will have as an extra maybe one of the best 6M gears box to play with, the IS300 comes with the sequential box, so in twisted road it's funny too :o)

Maybe the IS200 will not be the fastest, but definitly the funnier to drive.

Now in term of design, no comparation, try to see the people looking at you when you drive your IS :o)

I've owned an IS200 before, and I bought the Sportcross to have more versatility (the family will grow up)

Can You give me Your opinion about the Lexus IS200 against the other cars i mention, in terms of:

- interior quality.

interior design is different, confortable, and well done, not reaching the Audi standart but pointing to

- exterior quality.

good point on design, check the way the people look at you :o)

A Lex is definitly not a comun car

- confort.

confortable, even with the 17' wheels, except the yokohamas, noise than Dunlop and worth on wet road, maybe better on dry road, now talking aboout perfs of the IS200, 9,5 sec up to 100km/h is not faster, but hearing at the melody of an 6 inline cylinders is much more effective than a 4 cyl

- interior noise.

same than above

Now if you want to look different, having a smart car, buy a Lex, you won't regret it :o)

best regards

@d'tchao

Thank You all, for Your replies.

Unfortunately, in Portugal the IS300 SportCross costs near 60K Euro (without sat nav). The expected price for the IS200 SportCross is something like 40K Euro (again, without sat nav but with 16' wheels :().

I think i am going to wait till i have the oportunity to have a go with a IS200 SportCross.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links