Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Used Approved Car

I've had my 52 plate is200 just 8 months from Lexus, and this week discovered it has been involved in a minor bump after contacting the previous owner.

I noticed some rust around the front of the of the wheel arch rear passenger side etc.. Lexus are going to repair under warrenty but they hadnt seen rust on such a new car so got me thinking so contacted the previous owner.

Should i just let them repair or is there anything i can do etc

I would check with Lexus. If they didn't know the car was involved in a bump but they do now, then it should be revalued. If they have priced it as 100% straight car and sold it you as such then I think you have an arguement. If they did know it had been involved in a bump then they should have furnished you with that information.

they would have known as they use a tool that mesures paint depth so it would have shown up.to be honest the fact it has had a small repair should not matter what would bother me is the fact it has started to rust and therefore invalidated your anti corrosion warrenty ,i would ask how this will affect any future claim if it should start to rust again in the same spot ,did the previous owner tell you how much paint was done on the car

Surely there's nothing wrong with a car that's been in a minor accident as long as its been repaired properly?

Might be worth trying to make them replace the whole wing and respray rather than just repair it tho

Only talked to the previous owner today so didnt really get too many details, but he did say he is sure it went back to lexus for the repair, will phone lexus Monday.

Its only just started to go rusty very slightly on the inside lip of the wheel arch, lexus did say last week they would strip it down and treat it before the respray.

what do you mean by invalidate the anti corrision warrenty?

If it was repaired by lexus you are fine ,but any rust caused by repair not carried out by lexus would mean you could not claim on your anti corrosion warrenty for it to be put right .but as yours was done by lexus you will be fine .

Only talked to the previous owner today so didnt really get too many details, but he did say he is sure it went back to lexus for the repair, will phone lexus Monday.

Its only just started to go rusty very slightly on the inside lip of the wheel arch, lexus did say last week they would strip it down and treat it before the respray.

what do you mean by invalidate the anti corrision warrenty?

Your Lexus warranty in detail i have highlighted the bit in question

1. Comprehensive

Any defect that is attributable to a manufacturing or assembly defect under normal use is covered by your warranty. This provision applies for a period of 3 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year.

As the owner of a new Lexus, you are automatically entitled to several exclusive privileges. Firstly, you receive free Lexus Roadside Assistance, provided by the RAC, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in both the UK and Europe*. Your membership gives you personal cover. That means you are entitled to the full range of RAC benefits and services as the driver or passenger of any vehicle, not just while driving your Lexus. Your partner is also eligible for the same cover providing you both reside at the same address. To make use of this added bonus please register them with our Lexus Roadside Assistance Administration on 0800 169 0393.

* Lexus Roadside Assistance is provided for the first 3 years of owning a new Lexus and one year for an approved used Lexus.

2. Surface rust and paintwork

The warranty offers 3 years of cover for surface rust and paint defects appearing on any of the painted body panels due to a fault in material or workmanship. There is no mileage restriction on this.

3. Corrosion perforation

12 years of coverage is provided against bodywork perforation (i.e. any holes through the bodywork from inside to outside) due to corrosion that is attributable to faults in material or workmanship. Again, there is no mileage restriction.

'Bodywork' is taken to mean any original Lexus sheet metal body panel, including such parts as the engine bonnet, doors, boot lid and floor panel, but excluding parts attached to the body, such as mouldings, bumpers and hinges.

General Lexus warranty provisions

Who is the warrantor?

Your Lexus has been manufactured to the highest standards and has been thoroughly inspected before delivery. This is warranted by Lexus. The supplying Lexus Centre will indicate his inspection by stamping and signing the Quality Certificate inspection page of this booklet.

Where is my Lexus covered for warranty?

The conditions of the Lexus warranty as explained in this booklet apply in the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.), The Netherlands and United Kingdom. We recommend that you contact your local Centre for more information if you intend to travel to countries other than the ones mentioned above.

When does the warranty begin?

The warranty period begins from the date when the vehicle is registered.

Are there any charges for repairs to my Lexus carried out under warranty?

No. Your Lexus Centre will carry out any repairs covered under these warranties at no charge for parts or labour. Lexus may decide whether parts should be repaired or replaced.

What are the conditions of the warranty?

You are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and instructions, as set out in the Owner's Manual. Failure to do so may invalidate the warranty for maintenance-related items.

You should keep all records necessary to prove that such maintenance has been performed.

You are obliged to present your vehicle to a Lexus Centre as soon as possible in the event of defects requiring warranty work. This is to prevent defects from escalating and requiring more extensive repair than would originally have been needed.

Are the tyres covered?

The tyre manufacturer covers tyres separately under their terms and conditions. Please consult your Lexus Centre for details.

What happens if I sell my Lexus?

The Lexus warranty is automatically transferred at no cost to subsequent owners.

Are my legal rights affected by the warranty?

No. Your legal rights under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods are not affected by the warranty.

Items not covered by the Lexus warranty

Our extensive Lexus warranty is designed to cover any defect attributable to a manufacturing or assembly fault. The following items are therefore not covered by the warranty:

Normal wear and tear

Normal noise, vibration, wear and tear and deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation, etc.

Maintenance expense

Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups, replacement of fluids and filters, lubrication, cleaning and polishing, replacement of spark plugs, tungsten bulbs and fuses and replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads / lining and clutch linings. On the other hand, if these services are required as part of a warranty repair, they are covered by the warranty.

Lexus with altered odometer

Faults on a Lexus on which the odometer has been altered so that actual vehicle mileage cannot be readily determined.

Salvage or total loss vehicles

Any Lexus that has ever been issued with a "salvage" or similar title, or has ever been declared a "total loss" or equivalent by a financial institution or insurer (for example when payment is made for a claim rather than repairs being made because the cost of repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle). Excluded from the warranty's cover is any damage or failure caused by lack of proper servicing in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications and instructions, or by the use of fluids other than those prescribed in the Owner's Manual.

We strongly recommend that you always go to a Lexus Centre to have your Lexus serviced. Authorised Lexus Centres can ensure it gets the right kind of care.

Incidental damage

Incidental or consequential damage associated with a vehicle failure. This includes, but is not limited to, inconvenience, the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property and the loss of pay or revenue.

Damage or failures resulting directly or indirectly from any of the following external elements:

Fire, accidents or theft.

Abuse or negligence.

Misuse, for example racing or overloading.

Repairs not performed by an approved Lexus Centre or authorised repairer.Installation of non-genuine Lexus parts

Alteration or tampering, including installation of non-genuine Lexus accessories.

Lack of proper maintenance, including use of fluids other than those specified in the Owner's Manual.

Airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, wind storms, bird droppings, lightning and other environmental conditions, wars.

Water contamination.

realy depends on the mods and how picky the dealer wants to be ,but things like nitros and even non lexus wheels etc can invalidate your warrenty if proven to be the cause of failure to another part

realy depends on the mods and how picky the dealer wants to be ,but things like nitros and even non lexus wheels etc  can invalidate your warrenty if proven to be the cause of failure to another part

Thought as much - they key words are "if proven to be the cause of failure to another part"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links