Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Check When Buying A 2nd Hand Is200

Me and my cousin went to see a lexus is200 se. He is interested in buying the car. The car has done 77k and is 2000 w reg. I would like some advice on things what we should check before buying the car. Is there any way of idenfying any major mechanical faults. What things should we look out for under the bonet. And how much would a 70k service be as it hasnt been seriviced since 64k. Also it has corroded alloys how much are they to refurb or are they covered under warranty.

Any advice is appreciate thanks

I think if it's under 5 years old then the wheels will be covered by an extension to the warranty. Check for coolant staining around the water pump as a leak there is a common problem and expensive to fix. Check the stereo ejects CDs ok - if not this should also be covered on a warranty extension. Also see what the gear change is like cause on some cars its notchy in low gears. Erm there's prob a few other things. Been loads of posts like this in the past - try a search.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links