Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have Developed A Rattle

Sipey

I will explain as best I can

A heavy rattle only apparent under load i.e moving forward or reversing, no noise present if in neutral and blipping the throttle, and clears by 1,800rpm.

Noise appears to be coming from bottom of car, anywhere between front footwell and engine is as close as I can point at the moment. Car has a lot of vibration at 60mph+ and most apparent in footwell and coming through the seat - no steering wheel movement.

Any ideas anyone????

Looking at your sig maybe it's one of the supporting arm's on the supercharger cradle that has snapped - the one connected to the back of the engine bay from the cradle snapped on mine and causes a loud rattle - never have got it sorted out yet!

I took that off ages ago Aido mate. It snapped within a week of the supercharger being installed.

I have yet to get the car on the ramps but I would either go along with Daves suggestion of a geabox mount or it could be a knackered clutch/flywheel.

The gearstick has started to shake like a *****, especially in first gear.

I cannot think of anything else it can be. Anyone else have any idea???

Doubt its the flywheel tho

No, prob not, but it had been suggested. As has worn gear box or linkage. I hope that whatever it is will be a cheap and easy fix. However, I doubt very much it will be. :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links