Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Squeaky Wipers

First drive in the rain today and the wipers were driving me mad!

Awful screeching noise whenever there was less than a bucketful (not accurately measured mind :blush: ) of rain on the screen - any ideas?

Could it have been treated with something by the dealer, or are my blades knackered maybe?

Awful screeching noise whenever there was less than a bucketful (not accurately measured mind  :blush: ) of rain on the screen - any ideas?

Could it have been treated with something by the dealer, or are my blades knackered maybe?

It's more than likely the rubber has started to perish on the blades - the blades should be changed every 12 months for best performance try here:

PIAA wiper blades

The IS takes a 19" and 21". Check this though

Probably also a good idea to clean your screen with a product such as Autoglym glass cleaner to remove any crap that the previous owner applied

Awful screeching noise whenever there was less than a bucketful (not accurately measured mind  :blush: ) of rain on the screen - any ideas?

It's more than likely the rubber has started to perish on the blades - the blades should be changed every 12 months for best performance try here:

PIAA wiper blades

Probably also a good idea to clean your screen with a product such as Autoglym glass cleaner to remove any crap that the previous owner applied

These seem kinda expensive, don't you think???

Have just tried some Autoglym Glass Cleaner spray, followed by Autoglym Glass Polish gunk, which has the wonderful ability to highlight every tiny chip in the windscreen by filling it with white powder :angry:

Am off out again in a tick so will give the wipers a go and report back!

I don't think PIAA produce anything cheap! But have heard good things about those wipers before.

i would say that it the wipers are being too efficient, i have had the same problem since new, along with the clonk when they hit full sweep

they need about half a gallon of water on them at all times :ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought these sizes, but found they were too small, i got 22" and 19" on mine

Has anyone tried using a clay bar on their screen, as suggested on the Autopia detailing site?

Mike i always use clay on the windscreen, takes them dried bugs that have had there noses put throught a***es off so easily :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links