Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My GS has had one repaced in the last year by the previous owner and the other one is the subject of my clunking noise. It sure is worn.

Are these available as aftermarket parts or do I need to go through Lexus?

The thing that has surprised is the amound of rust on the suspension arms. I don't know if this is normal or because my car has lived in salty conditions all its life. I don't remember my last GS being like this and it was older. Its not a problem because it gives me something to do now that all my Triumphs have gone but not until its had a Timing and Fan belt swap first. I sure hope I can crack the crank pulley bolt off. :crybaby:

I got one today without discount but I also got a fan belt and timing belt at cost through the motor factors to make up my discount.

I guess the reason for only one ball joint being replaced was down to the reluctance of the other one to give itself up......... a bit like Liverpool Tonight...... Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss.

The ball is done now. It was straighforward after I cut the old one off.

I took time to check out the front caliper while everything was apart and it was the same as on my last GS. Partially seized. I gave that a good degrease, clean and regrease and the same for the other side and once again, the very slight wheel wobble has disappeared from about 75MPH upwards. It may have disappeared altogether if I went faster but 75 to 80 is just fine for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links