Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Inland Revenue

At the end of the tax year the tax office sent an inspector to audit the books of a synagogue. While he was checking the books he turned to the rabbi and said:

I notice you buy a lot of candles, what do you do with the drippings?

The rabbi said "ah we save them up and send them back to the candle manufacturers, and every so often they send us a free box of candles"

Ok said the tax inspector, but you seem to buy a lot buscuits, what do you do with the crumbs?

"ah yes" said the rabbi, realising the inspector was trying to trap him with an unanswerable question, "we collect them and send them back to the manufactuers and every so often we get a free box of biscuits"

" I see" said the tax inspector trying to think how to fluster the rabbi, "but you seem to perform a lot of circumcsions, what do you do with the leftover foreskins?"

"ah thats a good one" said the rabbi, "we collect them all up and send them to the inland revenue, and once a year they send us a complete d!ck!"

:tomato:

child tax credit review came, it was updated and duly sent back, nowhere to state 2005-2006 would be less...............they send back the 2xletters award and we get a cut, even though my wife earns 12500 and i`m a student...........fone them up, got them to change it, as there is now an area saying about next years earnings.....they said will reissue........mean time another 2xletters arrive saying the wrong thing........i bin them and wait........this am 2xletters arrive, they have duplicated my wifes income, so we get an even bigger cut..........i fone them again and get her to change it again, meanwhile our payments have already been adjusted so we got less this month................also asked why we get 2xletters everytime saying exactly the same thing...........apparently its to do with data protection laws, even though we`re both married, living at the same address and it shows the same details.................so now we`re waiting for the next set of 2x letters.

Did anybody notice that between the initial implementation of this scheme and now, everybody lost a year in similar circumstances to the change of tax codes?

Why is the bureacracy involved in this tax system so much WORSE than married/children tax codes? How much is this costing in wasted time/stationery/trees/postage/additional staff? So that will be nine letters just to get taxed :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

And theres no way to vote it out for another 5 years.

Give me a T, give me a W, give me an A, give me (*), give me an S.

George Orwell was so, so right.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links