Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I suppose I will now have to get used to my overpriced Takumi's price dropping even further when these new models come out. What a fool I was for buying this car last year!

• Sad 2

I’ve just seen on another forum that an owner of a 300e in the States is saying he is getting 300+ miles on ‘non highway’ driving. I’ve a feeling Lexus have given up on the 450e as it’s over priced and ‘under ranged’. The 300e in the States is only $ 5k cheaper so I think they will quietly drop the 450e or improve the range to over 300+ miles. The bz is then $5k cheaper than the 300e. 

Across the wider model range, customers can now specify 18-inch wheels, to help maximise their
RZ’s driving range, on both Premium and Premium Plus versions

a 18 inch cheaper premium plus can finally make a decent proposition

• Like 2

11 hours ago, talaipwros said:

a 18 inch cheaper premium plus can finally make a decent proposition

That been said, I just realised that this will cost the same as the Ioniq 5 N, the one with the 600+ bhp, 0-60 in 3 secs, faster than Lamborghini performante on straight line and 7 minutes something on Nurburgring, with 240 miles real life range. ( yeah, just seen a few video reviews  of that beast)

Damn

13 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

No hope of real leather I reckon. Lexus seems to prefer to use recycled water bottles !

Plus the Japanese dislike the smell of genuine leather, which is why none of their cars that have leather actually smell like leather..

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 10:40 AM, NemesisUK said:

Plus the Japanese dislike the smell of genuine leather, which is why none of their cars that have leather actually smell like leather..

Our GSF smells of leather, especially when left in the sun. So did our  old IS250 SE-L. Our RX 450 F Sport with the lower grade leather didn’t. 

10 hours ago, FredD said:

Does anyone know when the 2004 model will be launched in the UK ? Thank you

Nothing has been shared publicly beyond later in 2024. Linked to MY24, the RZ 300e is already on the streets in some parts of the world, and available in some (but not all) European countries. So in theory there doesn’t seem to be any reason why it couldn’t be added to price lists tomorrow, but it could also be 6 months… 

• Like 1

Thank you, I am considering taking the plunge but buying one on finances. I would like to drive the 300e though before making a decision (the increased range of the 300e is a big plus for me). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FredD said:

Thank you, I am considering taking the plunge but buying one on finances. I would like to drive the 300e though before making a decision (the increased range of the 300e is a big plus for me). 

Keep in mind that the 300e is a rebadged bz4x ( much more than any other Toyota-Lexus vehicle)

Thank you, I am aware but it maybe worth waiting. I am not in a rush and can wait until September/October

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Keep in mind that the 300e is a rebadged bz4x ( much more than any other Toyota-Lexus vehicle)

The RZ was late to the party and not as good in several respects as some already there.  When  models come forth with new Battery technology giving much better range and faster charging, it is likely to cause a great drop in the value of the current crop of EVs so not a good time to buy new now I think.  I see an extended life for hybrids, whatever governments may say at present and note that Toyota are currently developing a new hybrid engine/drivetrain and the Chinese have already done this.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/byd-new-hybrid-cars-ultra-long-2-000-km-range-for-under-14-000/vi-BB1nfKhT?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=57b2f5c915504f74ac30acf24dff6cab&ei=15

Yes I fully agree with you, this is why if I buy one I will buy it on finances. It will be my second car in replacement of a Mazda 3 that I will sell very shortly. I will keep my RX 4th generation for long journeys

• Like 1

7 hours ago, talaipwros said:

I think the LBX is much closer to the Yaris Cross, than the RZ and bz4x are together. 

But I also think Lexus is much better at distinguishing its vehicles from Toyota, despite shared parts & platforms, than others like Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda are. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links