Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 - Changing Plugs

I've seen plenty on changing the plugs on the IS200 but nothing on the IS300. Just from having a quick look under the bonnet it seems like you have to take 1/2 the engine to pieces in order to get to the plugs.

Any links/help guides for this?

You will have to completly take off the throttle body & intake plenium(sp?). There's are complete thread/sticky on how to change your plugs on is300.net

What kind of plugs are you putting in the car? Iridium? It's not hard at all.....it just takes time.

I have a set of Denso IK16's to fit.

I found a thread on IS300.net but he has a turbo fitted and it wasn't that clear to me what is what :blink:

You still remove the same parts that he mentions in the thread. The only difference is the pipeing connected to the throttle body. He has intercooler piping while you have an airbox. Have you ever taken off your thorttle body before? The main thing you have to remember is where all of the hoses and connectors go. If you were closer to me I would do it for you :)

Thanks for the offer anyway!

I'll have another look when I have a bit more time and see how confident I am :o

It's putting all the bits back together the right way that scares me, the IS300.net crowd say "it's not for the faint hearted" :nuke:

Otherwise I'll take 'em along to JAE and see if any kind souls will hold my hand!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links