Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Ls 400

I posted previously as I was thinking of buying either a IS200 or LS400. Have decided on a 400. I have seen two, one at Bedford through a part time dealer, and the other locally to me, a private sale.

The first at Bedford is a 98R with 102k on the clock, very clean, wheels OK, not scuffed or corroded with a full LSH. The dealer wants £7650, which according to Parkers is about right. The other is the colour I want, dark blue with cream interior, is a 99T with 63k on the clock, but the owner tells me it does not have a full LSH, having been done at a local garage instead. It is in quite good condition, kust a few marks, and a tiny bit of corrosion on the wheels. I would have the wheels refurbished - how much is that likely to cost by the way and where are the best places to have it done. This private guy wants £11,000 for the car, which is at the top end according to Parkers (and that with 50k).

What do you think about these prices? I plan to buy within the next few days.

I posted previously as I was thinking of buying either a IS200 or LS400.  Have decided on a 400.  I have seen two, one at Bedford through a part time dealer, and the other locally to me, a private sale.

The first at Bedford is a 98R with 102k on the clock, very clean, wheels OK, not scuffed or corroded with a full LSH.  The dealer wants £7650, which according to Parkers is about right.  The other is the colour I want, dark blue with cream interior, is a 99T with 63k on the clock, but the owner tells me it does not have a full LSH, having been done at a local garage instead.  It is in quite good condition, kust a few marks, and a tiny bit of corrosion on the wheels.  I would have the wheels refurbished - how much is that likely to cost by the way and where are the best places to have it done.  This private guy wants £11,000 for the car, which is at the top end according to Parkers (and that with 50k).

What do you think about these prices?  I plan to buy within the next few days.

depends how much YOU want the car, but the 11k guy is dreaming a bit, offer 9.5, and settle for 10.

Hi,

Good Luck with Buying the new car.

Myself id be weary of buying a car(The pirvate sale) which cost all that money,only to find the guy doesnt have all the History,or at least all the bills to back it up with.People who can afford to buy high end cars like these,can afford to have them serviced buy Lexus :unsure:

Id just be very careful about what your buying :excl: For the sake of £100 or what ever AA/RAC charge,id get it checked over before i handed me money over.Its not just a 5 minute quick look they take half to all day and go right through the car,so for £100 or more you might save yourself thousands in the long run.

If you need to replace anything on the car,parts are hard to get hold of secondhand,and new parts arent cheap.

For example the LS400s little brother the GS300,the price of a upper Wishbone Arm/ball joint,you have to buy the complete Arm is about £360 from Lexus and thats just for one side of the car,youve guessed it thats what needs replacing on my car :rolleyes:

The LS 400 really is a Cracking car,BUT if you do buy one that needs parts/work done on it be perpared to have plenty of money to put it right.

Do your homework,also check the USA site out,loads of info on there.

:driving: Happy Motoring

Cheers Chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links