Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mp£ Player In Lexus Is200

Hi everyone my first post on this site.

Can you help please. i have seen somewhere on this site about fitting a mp3 machine, mainly a denison machine that can play mp3 in the boot of your car and wiring it into your current system. I am looking to do this with my is200.

Can you please confirm that i am not seeing things and that it is possible and if so any tips on how to do it and how does it play. What do i select on my stero.

Cheers in advance.

My first post and so many questions. Thanks again

Hello mate and welcome to the club.

Yes, someone has this in the car ............... I can't remember the name just yet ...... I will post when I find it for you ! :D

I have a Dension device in the car. It can be connected via an FM modulator, in which case you use the radio channel on your stereo.

You may also be able to get an "aux in" adaptor for thr car too.

In any case, the short answer is yes you can fit it - it's a pretty good piece of kit too IMO.

Happy to help if you get stuck - just yell.

HEY I JSUT HAD A COMPLETLY NEW STEREO PUT IN MY CAR HAD THE AMP AND OLD UNIT TAKEN OUT NOW I HAVE A NORMAL SIZED DIN UNIT IN MY CAR WHICH PLAYS MP3'S U MAY CONSIDER CHANGING THE WHOLE LOT I TOOK MY TO MY LOCAL STEREO CENTER WHO CHARGED ME 85 QUID TO DO THE WIRING CONVERSIONA ND REMOVE ALL MY OLD AMP ETC AND FOR THAT PRICE THEY SUPPLIED THE FASIA ADAPTOR I NEEDED TO PUT A NORMAL DIN SIZED UNIT IN!!!

OH AND WELCOME TO LOC :D

Thanks for all the replies and for making me feel welcome.

mp3 seems the way forward for me and i would like to keep the smooth look of the is200 stero so will hopefully go for the dension.

Just a few more questions.

Can you still listen to the radio?

Made mention of aux channel. How do i select this on my stero?

Is there any adapters i need to fit in the car that are going to be visible on the dash etc.?

cheers guys.

Thanks for all the replies and for making me feel welcome.

mp3 seems the way forward for me and i would like to keep the smooth look of the is200 stero so will hopefully go for the dension.

Just a few more questions.

Can you still listen to the radio?

Made mention of aux channel. How do i select this on my stero?

Is there any adapters i need to fit in the car that are going to be visible on the dash etc.?

cheers guys.

Hiya - if you use the FM modulator you can still listen to the radio. An FM modulator is just a small box that goes between your ariel and your radion so that you can listen to the MP3 radio using the radion channel - works fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links