Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Technical Manuals On The Web

willw

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the forums before - so my apologies if you've all seen this before and I'm just being slow!

I called my dealer yesterday, trying to order the IS200 workshop manuals - only to be told they weren't available any more. Well, getting rather worried, I called Lexus GB who gave me the part numbers.

But they also gave me a web link:

Lexus Europe Publications

I hope that some of you find this useful!

(I haven't tried viewing any of the manuals yet - so I can't really comment on the quality or anything)

Cheers,

Will

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the forums before - so my apologies if you've all seen this before and I'm just being slow!

I called my dealer yesterday, trying to order the IS200 workshop manuals - only to be told they weren't available any more. Well, getting rather worried, I called Lexus GB who gave me the part numbers.

But they also gave me a web link:

Lexus Europe Publications

I hope that some of you find this useful!

(I haven't tried viewing any of the manuals yet - so I can't really comment on the quality or anything)

Cheers,

Will

Looks like you got to pay?

Afraid so.

Lexus GB quoted me about £55 ish (+vat I guess) for the printed chassis manual - not sure about a dealer price though. Wiring manual was £75 ish. Then there's supplement manuals, etc. etc.

If you just want basic servicing info - pads, discs, etc. then I guess you could print off everything you need using the 16 euro 1-day subscription on the web? And the 1-week subscription is still cheaper than the printed chassis manual alone.

I think I might still buy the printed chassis book - as I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. But if the web versions are good quality, and quick to download, perhaps my inkjet will be in for a busy week..... :D

just trietd the web site you suggested it told me to contact my local dealer..... handy being in the sticks like i am. my local dealer is an hours drive away. I was starting to panick too when everyone said we cant get hold of a lexus manual. a lad at Halfords told me they sell them on eBay for £5 i had a look and seen every other make and model but mine (IS200) maybe its just me not being able to see something looking me straight in the face.the story is i bought my car from down in halifax, im in cumbria bit of a treck but always wanted a Lexus so went down and looked at it, looked ok sounded good bought it got 47 miles up the motorway and crunch everytime i accelerate crunch pulled into service station paid £42 to join AA before they would even lift the bonnet (knobs) told me sprocket bearin was shot cost me arm and a leg to get towed and to get as close to home as poss. after losing all but 1st and 2nd got 30 miles from home. £1000 for new gearbox the fault was it only had a cup of oil in gear box. those AA lot help you out dont they? that got cancelled. now ive found my front bumper isnt wired properly, headlight water jets dont work, front fogs dont work, outside temp wont work and when i want side lights on headlights come straight on. other than that its a dream. but i need a manual to sort my little teething troubles. if you come across anything could you let me know cheers. Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links