Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Warranty Issues - Nottingham Dealership

My dealer (Nottingham) issued warranty is due to expire in about a month, I have booked my car in for an MOT (independent centre) to see if that turns up anything unusual.

My Lexus three year warranty expired in March, I think the dealer warranty is with Inchcape and not with Lexus itself which might result in a lot less items being covered.

Does anyone have any experience with end of warranty checks? I am waiting for Nottingham to call back to see if they provide one.

I have the following niggles, do you think they are worth pursing, has anyone successfully got them fixed under warranty?

* Clutch Judder in first/low revs, especially when cold

- http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=14892

- http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=16640

- http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=18137

- Indicate I may have a chance?

* Minor corrosion of 18" styling kit alloys already replaced when purchased under Lexus warrenty.

* Front (especially drivers) seat belts slow to recoil.

* Squeeking noise from front passenger side seat when someone is sitting there.

* Excessive stonechipped styling kit bumper, resprayed by dealer when car was purchased last July.

* One nozzle failed in windscreen washer jets.

* Over spray above back doors from when the doors were sprayed due to corrosion earlier in the year. The Lexus Nottingham (Mann Egerton) spray shop will not return phone calls! :-(

Anyway, any advice, notice of which are common faults would be very useful.

Thanks...

Just to let you know out of interest...

Nottingham do not do a full pre-warrenty expiry check, just a visual safety inspection.

However they have booked my car in for two days next week to investigate the problems/issues I raised.

They also confirmed I have a full Lexus extended warrenty not a Inchape one, does this mean I can take it to a dealer which does do pre-warrenty expiry checks? If so I assume they can do the work instead of Nottingham?

Matt - I was at Nottingham today and was informed that they have a new manager who "will get things moving" :blink:

They certainly seemed to be more proactive today compared with my previous visits and didn't seem to offer any excuses when I pointed out my peppered bumper.

Why don't you demand to speak to the dealership principal?

BTW the manager of the bodyshop is an oxygen thief and belongs 4,000m deep in the sea with the other primordial life forms that live around black smoker vents.

Matt - I was at Nottingham today and was informed that they have a new manager who "will get things moving"  :blink:

They certainly seemed to be more proactive today compared with my previous visits and didn't seem to offer any excuses when I pointed out my peppered bumper.

Why don't you demand to speak to the dealership principal?

BTW the manager of the bodyshop is an oxygen thief and belongs 4,000m deep in the sea with the other primordial life forms that live around black smoker vents.

Thanks for the info, you seem to share the same opinion as I do, I've got the MOT tomorrow (a month before expiry) and will see what they say on wednesday next week. Also I'll follow your advice RE: The Dealership Principal if I get nowhere.

Matt

I am debating the clutch judder issues at the moment. They have told me that to investigate further they have to have the gearbox out before they can let me know if it is a warranty claim or wear and tear (which is fair enough). However at £600 for a replacement I want to try and ensure if it is indeed a technical failure/fault that it get replaced fully under warranty. I have asked them to meet the technician that comes round to inspect warranty issues to discuss this.

Meanwhile I've been making use of the search facility to see if I can get some information about what to look for, or at least speak some jargon to them.

I've found some comments:

* Dual Mass flywheel juddering glazes the clutch rendering it useless.

* Problems with things like the springs that take up the torque spikes.

Also I've seen some people report worn thrust bearings.

I take it the issue could be with the flywheel as well as the clutch, as mines a 02 plate with 65k on the clock is there anything concrete I can look for that proves it is a technical failure of parts?

I've managed to convince them to replace the flywheel and 50% of the clutch under warranty. I've got about a hundred pounds to pay due to the mileage of the car and getting a new clutch (which seemed fair enough) Although I am having trouble with the wheels and bumper. If you don't mind I'll post some digital photos when I get may car back then take the issue up with Lexus GB Warranty. I seem to be getting mixed messages from the service staff and dealer principal. Hopefully it will be a happy ending...

Thanks Squarehead, they are still looking at this, also they keep changing their mind about the warranty I have, I've now found the documentation I signed with the person who sold me the car. Sparks are going to fly seeing as they have authorised the work by a different warranty company.

Has anyone else had such problems with warranty issues with their dealership?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links