Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mounting the Quanam System 2030, advises needed

Hi there and bonjour,

I just purchased the Quanam 2030 rear radar detector, really good product and really good packaging. It's the one where I have to drill holes in the rear bumper. Seems easy to mount, but as I don't want to do any mistake, I'm seriously thinking about mounting it by myself, and not letting my mechanic doing it, so let's go for the stupid questions package :

1/ Do I have to unmounted the rear bumper?

2/ Is it easy to unmounted the rear bumper?

3/ I've seen once at my Lexus dealer an IS200 rear bumper out, there's inside white material, does this have to be rectify to mount the detectors and the wires?

4/ Can I paint it with the touch paint pot they gave me buying the Lex or do I have to spray it?

Your advises are welcome, thanks in advance

@d'taleur

Vince

As far as mounting, I've not done yet but have purchased the same as you have, was advised to very lighty spray the lens of the detecters but give it 3 light coats, just enough to blend into the colour you wish.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links