Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear

rhosneigr

The report on my front tyres after a 20K service read the same for both tyres

2mm outside 4mm centre 2mm inside. I check the tyres weekly and run at 2.4. Why do the edges wear more than the middle?

The report on my front tyres after a 20K service read the same for both tyres

2mm outside  4mm centre  2mm inside. I check the tyres weekly and run at 2.4. Why do the edges wear more than the middle?

First 'Congratulations' :unsure: an IS without camber wear on the front is rare, The pressures are within reason a suggestion the ideal setting is unique to you and your car, adding an extra two psi would be a good move.

As mentioned in my original post I use 2.4 bar (35psi) which is the difference between load up to 4 persons and fully loaded up to 100mph as per handbook. Maybe I travel at more than 100mph :D :D :D and need to move up to the up to the 132mph category.

As mentioned in my original post I use 2.4 bar (35psi) which is the difference between load up to 4 persons and fully loaded up to 100mph as per handbook. Maybe I travel at more than 100mph :D :D  :D and need to move up to the up to the 132mph category.

What is you driving % motorway/ town ?

if you have dunlop or bridgestone tyres on your car they have 2mm less on the edges than the centre from new!!! they measure from new 5-7-5. hope this helps....what did they measure rear tread depths to be??

Sorry not sure how to get pics into post. They are Bridgestone RE040 fronts being original. Rears replaced at 12K with RE040 and their reading at the 20K service was NS 4/4/3 and OS 4/4/4

Sorry not sure how to get pics into post. They are Bridgestone RE040 fronts being original. Rears replaced at 12K with RE040 and their reading at the 20K service was NS 4/4/3 and OS 4/4/4

The pressures seemingly need to be increased, another 2 psi is the max now!. There is a balance between tyre loss and safety and i feel any true advice without seeing the wear must in your case be recived with caution.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links