Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Chips

After only 10,000 I have a lot of paint chips on the bonnet; I guess these water based paints are not up to the job?

Anyone have any advice on how to get them sorted, does Chips away do a good job?

Thanks for the tip, it still has 3 years to run so I will speak with them.

I had the same problem with my Mercedes E320 for all the time I owned it and in the end had a mate sort it once a year but he has done a runner to Spain.

My Lexus dealer is a 50 mile round trip and time is money for me so I'll see what they say. I was keen to know if this was like my Mercedes an ongoing problem or just a problem that the dealer could sort once?

Thanks for the tip, it still has 3 years to run so I will speak with them.

I had the same problem with my Mercedes E320 for all the time I owned it and in the end had a mate sort it once a year but he has done a runner to Spain. 

My Lexus dealer is a 50 mile round trip and time is money for me so I'll see what they say. I was keen to know if this was like my Mercedes an ongoing problem or just a problem that the dealer could sort once?

Your Lexus Dealer will pick the car up for you, if it suits......

When you say it has 3 years to run ... how old is the car .... as standard warranty is only 3 years?

Opps! I have had it from new, soz about 2 1/2 years left now; I only keep a car for 3 years & will change it when it runs out or when the IS350 arrives.

Well...

My car, Lexus IS200 SportCross -05, will be six months old next month and it has MORE stone chips than my previous car, a BMW 3-serie E46 -99.

My Lexus dealer nearly told me to p-ss off when I told him I wanted it fixed under warranty.

Unfortunately here in Sweden many Lexus-dealers are mainly Toyota-dealers since Lexus is a very small brand here. I have heard that customer service is much better at dealers only selling Lexus.

I hope you have more luck than I had!

When you say it has 3 years to run ... how old is the car .... as standard warranty is only 3 years?

Opps! I have had it from new, soz about 2 1/2 years left now; I only keep a car for 3 years & will change it when it runs out or when the IS350 arrives.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links