Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Joint At The Back End Of The Cats

Anyone fixed this?

If so, whats required and where do I get it (please, not Lexus!).

Is it an easy/moderate/fiendishly difficult job??

At the moment I've just pugged them up to keep them quiet, but the time will come sooner rather than later when I will have to sort them.

Cheers

Dave

• 5 years later...

Anyone fixed this?

If so, whats required and where do I get it (please, not Lexus!).

Is it an easy/moderate/fiendishly difficult job??

At the moment I've just pugged them up to keep them quiet, but the time will come sooner rather than later when I will have to sort them.

Cheers

Dave

Did you ix this ? I've got the same problem on my GS430...

HI,

Yes this happened to me too... 1st time i was charged 15 quid - apperently he did the gaskets and had a right pain getting the bolts off.... i doubted he'd done all that for a mere 15quid... and 6 months later his bogging had fell out...

so i went to another garage and he just charged me £30 and said it was ok, not as much trouble as he thought....

I wouldnt bother doing this job myself as the cost is minimal but the effort can be something else if the 6 bolts are now part of the car.... the heat and exposure to the elements make these bolts corrode worse than others

It is because the gasket has failed and is crumbling away. All that heat, water etc and clooing/re-heating takes it's toll.

I just packed a bit of exhaust paste, gun gum, into the joint and then put a large jublee clip all around it to hold the paste it. It lasted over a year before the paste need replacing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links