Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problem With Parking Sensors

I drive a 2001 IS 200 SE. I got this problem with the Lexus Parking Sensors.

Whenever it rains, and I put the car in the reverse gear, the parking sensors start beeping (a continuous beep)as if I am about to bang into something. I went and wiped the sensors but still the same result. However after it stops raining and gets dry, its starts operating normally (regular beep depending on the distance).

It is just one of the sensors on the back side as when I use it I can hear the other sensors working properly, but cant figure out which one.

This problem is new and has started since the last month or so.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

-JJ

It does sound like you have water getting into the transducer within the sensor housing itself.

The only thing I can suggest is plugging each one with silicone or something that can be removed later. When you find which one it is, you can then leave it blocked or replace it. They are sealed to well to repair.

You may have difficulty in finding a single replacement and have to change the lot. Kits can be bought for less than £100 with displays.

It does sound like you have water getting into the transducer within the sensor housing itself.

The only thing I can suggest is plugging each one with silicone or something that can be removed later. When you find which one it is, you can then leave it blocked or replace it. They are sealed to well to repair.

You may have difficulty in finding a single replacement and have to change the lot. Kits can be bought for less than £100 with displays.

cool that sounds a decent and obvious thing to try.

thnx

Aren't they ultra-sonic and could it be they're detecting the rain?

If they were sensitive enough yes, but the threshold on triggering is higher than that.

Flotsam has raised a good point though - there isn't any damage to one that could be causing droplets so the water density is thicker is there?

I have suffered the same sympton although not very often but always when it's been raining.

I thought it was the rain that set it off because, after a short run, the problem went away. However, thinking about it, it is more likely to be condensation. The audible alarms are normally behind the glove comaprtment, one for the corner sensors and one for the rear sensors.

Next time you have the problem, disconnect one of the alarms and it would isolate the problem down to two rather than four.

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links