Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Windscreen...

javadude

Just got a new windscreen fitted cause of an ever growing crack (was up to 20cm). Insurer uses RAC who are across the road from the office I work in, they appeared to fit it OK etc but when I drove off I noticed a long scratch across my field of vision. I took it back and the manager noticed two more :sad: Now they have to order a new windscreen and I get to drive around with a scratch in front of my eyes for a week. Why is nothing simple?

Just got a new windscreen fitted cause of an ever growing crack (was up to 20cm). Insurer uses RAC who are across the road from the office I work in, they appeared to fit it OK etc but when I drove off I noticed a long scratch across my field of vision. I took it back and the manager noticed two more :sad: Now they have to order a new windscreen and I get to drive around with a scratch in front of my eyes for a week. Why is nothing simple?

What would happen now though if you were to have an accident in the next week with the crappy windscreen ? Would this be the RAC's responsibility, cuz you could say that the scratches were a distraction - being in your field of vision. :huh:

They replaced one on my VW Bora that I had (before the Lex). They had to get me another one because of the Bora having rain sensitive wipers which the sensor was located on the windscreen behind the black dot above the mirror - they supplied the wrong one !! They then came back a couple of days later with the new one, but when the bloke fitted it he scratched the black dot !! :duh:

Just remember to give it a good check over before you sign the acceptance form. ;)

What would happen now though if you were to have an accident in the next week with the crappy windscreen ? Would this be the RAC's responsibility, cuz you could say that the scratches were a distraction - being in your field of vision. :huh:

They replaced one on my VW Bora that I had (before the Lex). They had to get me another one because of the Bora having rain sensitive wipers which the sensor was located on the windscreen behind the black dot above the mirror - they supplied the wrong one !! They then came back a couple of days later with the new one, but when the bloke fitted it he scratched the black dot !! :duh:

Just remember to give it a good check over before you sign the acceptance

form. ;)

Yes I'll second that :angry: Autoglass fitted a replacement to my IS and although they fitted the correct heated screen they cut through the cloth of the pillar trim on both sides and I did not notice until a day later. I contacted my Insurance Company and Autoglass but neither were particularly interested as I had signed the acceptance form :tsktsk:

Anyone know how to remove the trim from the pillars???? :)

Yes I'll second that :angry: Autoglass fitted a replacement to my IS and although they fitted the correct heated screen they cut through the cloth of the pillar trim on both sides and I did not notice until a day later. I contacted my Insurance Company and Autoglass but neither were particularly interested as I had signed the acceptance form :tsktsk:

Anyone know how to remove the trim from the pillars???? :)

Bloody hell !!! What a bunch of clowns. :crying: It was Autoglass who done my Bora.

I don't think I've met a glass fitter that seems to give a crap about a car, they all just want to get it done quick as possible.

I dread calling these guys out :unsure:

RAC always seem to have rediculous lead times as well....grrrr :angry:

Out of interest what make is your new screen?? mine was a Pilkington, seemed to have the right elements at the base near the wipers but none visible up the side like the old one

Dunno. I'll have a look when I go out. Mine doesn't have the heated elements as its an S but everything else looked standard - window for VIN, shaded area behind mirror etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links