Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Aerial

Rob's Lexx

hi one and all.

i'm after a short aerial for my IS200 (preferably in silver or black), but am not sure where to find one. i've looked on eBay but didn't find anything that i thought would fit (not sure i'm searching for the right thing to be fair though).

once i buy the new aerial, is it a case of unscrew the old and screw in the new??

any help appreciated. :blink:

They are on US fleabay all the time:

Short aerial

Just plug n play

i'm amazed, i spent an hour last night looking and couldn't find anythin!!!! was searching for 'lexus IS200 short aerial' and all i got was rubbish!!! oh well, thanks anyway for the link. think i'd prefer it in silver/aluminium, so might have to keep looking.

They are on US fleabay all the time:

Short aerial

Just plug n play

i'm amazed, i spent an hour last night looking and couldn't find anythin!!!! was searching for 'lexus IS200 short aerial' and all i got was rubbish!!! oh well, thanks anyway for the link. think i'd prefer it in silver/aluminium, so might have to keep looking.

search on "Lexus antenna" there are 000's of them!

just been looking on eBay....found a couple i'm interested in.

thought i'd post the links here and ask for any opinions (its going on a pearlescent white IS200)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-ALTEZ...998649439QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-54-ANTENN...998151279QQrdZ1

not sure how u add a link, but i just copied and pasted the http.

Both types will fit the IS using a small adaptor screw.

Remember that an aerial needs to be of a reasonable length, so the first example will give better radio reception, however it doesn't look a whole lot different to the std aerial.

If you don't listen to much radio and are not bothered about poor reception then the examples shown in No.2 are the ones for you.

Swings and roundabouts........

Both types will fit the IS using a small adaptor screw.

Remember that an aerial needs to be of a reasonable length, so the first example will give better radio reception, however it doesn't look a whole lot different to the std aerial.

If you don't listen to much radio and are not bothered about poor reception then the examples shown in No.2 are the ones for you.

Swings and roundabouts........

lol, there's always swings and roundabouts with everything in life!!!!

how does the adapter screw work. i thought you literally just screwed the new aerial in and....voila.

if i was going to go for the second example, what length would you recommend (i'm sure the longer the aerial, the better the reception???).

i guess if the reception on either aerial proves to be painful, i could always switch them back again!!!!

anybody got any pics of after market aerials fitted??????

The standard aerial has a male screw thread already attached and simply unscrews. The aftermarket kit comes with a female thread but is supplied with a male grub thread that screws in, then attaches to the aerial socket.

Here is an image of mine, it's approx 5cm long, gives good reception for the major stations but is useless for anything else, but I don't really care about that.

garage_mod-2486-1115480686_thumb.jpg

i have the one from the second link mate, got it last week, it measures just over an inch and the reception is perfect

don't suppose u could get a pic of it so i could have a gander??

what colour did you go for and was it from the same dealer, coz it says will only post to US????!!!

i have the one from the second link mate, got it last week, it measures just over an inch and the reception is perfect

don't suppose u could get a pic of it so i could have a gander??

what colour did you go for and was it from the same dealer, coz it says will only post to US????!!!

i will get pic when mrs comes back with car mate, i got it in black, im still not 100% sure if i like it or not :duh: , it was from the same buyer thats on your link i just emailed him and asked if he would send to uk and he said no probs and he only took same postage for sending to uk

i will get pic when mrs comes back with car mate, i got it in black, im still not 100% sure if i like it or not :duh: , it was from the same buyer thats on your link i just emailed him and asked if he would send to uk and he said no probs and he only took same postage for sending to uk

how come you dunno if u like it?

i'll ask him if he'd post to the UK later on. if you could get a pic up later today that'd be great as i wanted to get it sorted this weekend. how long did it take to arrive?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links