Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think the crux of the matter is that it is "bad" for us to drive "gas guzzlers" and we are irresponsible for choosing any such car deemed as wrong by a small minority of ecomentalists. The beardie-weirdie lefty types in government then decide this is their latest crusade and think that the only way to solve any problem is to tax it away.

Meanwhile an army of government skivers can swan around in "gas guzzlers" because they are on official business.???

A few years back company car drivers had their taxes linked to emissions and got clobbered but amazingly government cars aren't classed as company cars and so are exempt. mmmmm very shady....

As I said in my previous emails if these people were serious about the environment they would pressurise the airline industry to clean up.

In terms of global warming, there are as many respected scientists who claim it is not hapenning as respected ones who do. We simply don't know if it is true or not but a small bunch of self appointed guardians of the planet have decided they know best.

As a personal note I too hate the school 4*4 run but not because they are environmentally unfriendly but because many of the journeys are uneccessary and clog roads and also because many drive/park badly. This is an observation that has stood for many years except then we complained about mums in their big estate cars.

So by all means try and lessen the impact of the school run but don't use the environment as an exuse to take away our freedom of choice. What next - tax fast cars off the road, cars older than 5 years, MPVs??

As for voting labour...I bet there are many who regret it now.....

The "facts" as cited say that global warming is caused by people. So who do governments pay us to breed? The only one who tried to reverse this payment was Margaret Thatcher and she got clobberred for it. How many friends of the earth freaks do you see on TV who are carrying kids round in papooses. I would find it hilarious if wasn't so serious.

All the world ills are due to human overpopulation IMHO.

The "facts" as cited say that global warming is caused by people. So who do governments pay us to breed? The only one who tried to reverse this payment was Margaret Thatcher and she got clobberred for it. How many friends of the earth freaks do you see on TV who are carrying kids round in papooses. I would find it hilarious if wasn't so serious.

All the world ills are due to human overpopulation IMHO.

Not sure about the governemnet paying us to breed..£66 a month child benefit and since April tax relief on £50 a week goes nowhere near the costs of a kid...that is if you work, if you don't work it is completely different, they then pick up loads of bills..

Plus in Scotland our population is dropping...after all who would want to live here...to cold and wet ;)

What I am referring to is mothers on a school run who blatently do not need a car of this type - its just for effect.

As a personal note I too hate the school 4*4 run but not because they are environmentally unfriendly but because many of the journeys are uneccessary and clog roads and also because many drive/park badly.  This is an observation that has stood for many years except then we complained about mums in their big estate cars.

Hmmmmm................... I guess they must mean me! I drive the school run in my RX because:-

a ) It's the only car I've got

b ) The school is 5 miles away and as my kids are only 6 and 4 I wouldn't want them to walk, now would I? Not with all them mad men about (and I use the word MEN advisedly, I don't think anyone can argue with the statistics on paedophiles and the like, they are in the majority the male of the species). So I think that the journey is entirely necessary.

I do, however, park legally, unlike many drivers of much smaller cars ( and they are not ALL Mum's!) and I do not drive it "for effect". My reasons for choosing the Rx were simple, It was roomy, it was incredibly comfortable and it will pull my caravan off muddy fields! Why the caravan? 'Cos with kids at school it's the only holiday I can afford during July/August. Which sort of takes us back to the original point.

:offtopic:

Would I pay an additional tax for owning the car that I do? Probably the answer would be yes, as it would still be cheaper than going abroad during school hols!

Rant Over

SL01 xx

:offtopic: May I suggest that we all stop breathing for 30 seconds each hour whilst we own an rx, to compensate for the extra we emit whilst driving.

Also when an environ "mentallist" tells you we re heating up the earth, remind him that 700,000 years ago the sea level was 120m lower and that the UK was under 2km of ice.

Even you re hardened enviro"mentallist" may have to switch on his 3kw fan heater if such conditions return.

and while im ranting ... also tell him that when all the oils been burned up (in 60 years time apparently), we wont be able to emit any more co2 from burning it.

AND, when then sun goes supernova in 5 billion years, its gonna get very warm even at your polar ice caps.

Your honour I rest the case for the defence.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links