Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Keys Does Is200 Have?

smartwave

HI All

When I got my 1999 is s version, I got 3 keys(two master keys and one sub key)

I am not sure how many keys it should have.

I checked the user manual, it seems there should only be two keys.

The other thing is, only one master can operate the alarm system(activate and de-activate) and the door by wireless. The other two keys can not operate the alarm system. I changed the batteries of the two keys. This didn't help.

However, all three keys can start the engine.

Very Strange. Maybe I should go to lexus manchester and seek help.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Probably best to let the dealer have a look mate, sounds weird that they don't open the car but disable the immobiliser, to be honest I don't understand how that works but was under the impression they would remotely open the car...

You did get the correct number of keys, 3 is correct, maybe they just didn't add them to the system correctly or something is wrong with the keys?

Someone will be on if not tonight, tomorrow who will be able to help you more mate

Thanks aido and andy

Waitting for more help.

I used the only working master key to open the door (wireless) because the other two keys can not open the door....

After getting in the car, I found out all keys can start the engine....

The three keys were cut exactly the same.......

And the two master keys looked identical....

Three keys have the same number on the back.

When I got the car, two keys which don't work had no batteries in them.

I bought 2 CR1616 batteries for them.

The 3rd key is your vallet key for when you take car for a service (dont think it opens your glove box)  :D

Or the boot.

All three keys should open the car, the valet key will open the car but won't let you open the boot.

If the two keys had no batteries in they probably need to be set, think the procedure is somewhere in the Knowledge Base.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links